Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

If martial law were declared

8K views 77 replies 34 participants last post by  oddapple 
#1 ·
Would you continue to post on this or like forums?

#2 ·
MAN, if martial law were declared, I do not think I would have time for internet. If I did use the internet, it would probably only to be used to check for new developments, news, etc...

#6 ·
I'm pretty sure if martial law is declared on a federal level posting here is going to be the least of our concerns. If the internet is still up & running which I doubt we'll all be looking for news and the forums will be heavily monitored by big brother. I think it would be wise to be very careful about what you post in such a situation. I would monitor the alternative news media but I doubt posting here would be a top priority. I have no doubt that if martial law were declared on the federal level all communications in this country would be shut down, cell towers shut down, landlines shut down, internet backbone shut down. Those with Ham radios would probably still be able to communicate but I suspect the government could probably jam those signals as well.

-Infidel

#9 ·
If martial law was declared one of the first things that they would do would gain control of communications and the flow of news. This site would be shutdown unless they kept it open in order to track down the people who would post on a site like this. I would not visit let alone post on a site like this.

#13 ·
In all honesty, if you feel that way, you shouldn't be posting on this site right now. Once Martial Law is declared, they already know who you are and where you are. They knew that the moment you logged onto this site. You should now be figuring out how to network with like minded people or you should figure out how to reverse course and appear to be a good little subject.

#10 ·
If martial law was in effect I wouldn’t be sitting here. I would have already withdrawn into my secondary location and be getting my news via radio. With this “president” I would not be surprised if he found a way to declare martial law before leaving office. Hey maybe he can figure a way to declare himself emperor for life and we could really be screwed.

Well ok I am a bit off topic, sorry obumnuts…..

Reactions: Deebo
#12 ·
Good points, yet there is a lot that goes on with the internet that isn't social in nature. So it seem likely there would be internet operating on some level. I would expect to see blocking or censure of sites they deemed unacceptable or inflammatory.

Yet I have a hunch that they would also want to gather intel on those living under martial law so they would leave the internet pretty much alone and simply observe. I suspect one could post to their hearts content and be perfectly fine doing so. That is until they said something that was deemed unacceptable. It would be a strange situation to say the least.

#16 ·
The gov cannot simply declare martial law. It/they must have a reason for it. If martial law were enacted it would be for a specific area or part of the country. Martial law can only be enacted if a sate of insurrection exits. And history has it that insurrections are local. Things don't work in government the way most people think they do. (In Theory) what 1/2 the gov wants to do-the other 1/2 doesn't. The Prez can only enact Martial law for a quick fix temporary effort, then congress takes over. The way the gov is still rigged no one or no branch of government can just blatantly enact martial law for simply wanting to. It doesn't work that way. If in any area where martial law is declared the gov has the right to shut down all communications in and out of the covered area.

#19 ·
If I could it would just be to wish everyone good luck in the coming times.

May your bullets hit there target, your hot sauce last a long time and tp last longer.

If martial law is declared than the shit has really hit the fan and either way I could give a southern fried **** what they want the people to do when it is. I'll be doing what I need to.

#30 ·
If I could it would just be to wish everyone good luck in the coming times.

May your bullets hit there target, your hot sauce last a long time and tp last longer.

If martial law is declared than the shit has really hit the fan and either way I could give a southern fried **** what they want the people to do when it is. I'll be doing what I need to.

Darn Fuzzee that is an aspect I never thought of "what happens when the sheeple run out of tp" Some think anything less then 2 ply Charmin is roughing it.

I personally like things that have duel use so I buy the cheap Walmart brand that can double as a light sandpaper.

#20 ·
I would be to busy to post much . If it were still up and running I may from time to time but using a VPN and not from this sight.
A president like Obama can declare just about anything they want I would not count on any law protecting me from a King.

#22 ·
If martial law were declared I would be hitting the local stores for extra supplies, looking for high ground, secure shooting sites, getting supplies ready, prepping for the sthtf, contacting those I trust. If all that was taken care of then I would check the internet and trying to find out where politicians were holing up as they would be the ones responsible for all the crap going down. It would be time for them to pay the piper. I could tolerate minor looting for food, but not those that caused the STHTF getting away scott free.

#23 ·
I think I would be too busy. However, I'm not sure if we would need to worry about it as the Internet would be severely restricted. Sites like this would probably be the first to go.

#37 · (Edited)
Congress has made itself basically non relevant they don't even deserve the 9% approval rating they have. All the departments like the EPA is actually doing the job Congress was designed for, but they were developed so that they could make decisions that may loose them votes. The Judicial system is just about as useless, they make rulings that are so vague that the are basically worthless. They ruled we have a 2nd amendment right, then go on to say it isn't unlimited to leave the ruling basically worth less in stead of just coming out and doing what they are supposed to do and say the 2nd amendment mean exactly what it says and if they want to change it they need to go by the way the Constitution set forth.

#39 ·
Internet would be the last of my worries, if martial law were declared. Yes, the news is corrupted, and I believe a shutdown of sites like this would happen, but somewhere, that 12 year old that asks the tough questions, will "put skynet back online".
As for worrying about anything I have ever posted, I PROMISE you, this internet stuff is forever. Once you post something, it will be stored somewhere. And if you think the "man" can't open/access/read/interact/mingle on this site, you should think twice.
Now, do I feel that there is anything worth the Govt's time going on in this forum, Hell no. But, ask Leon about Gov't men knowing a little too much.

#43 ·
I have no doubt this site is being scanned in a continuous bases. The public has a few options to gum up the works. If everyone (I don't recommend this for now) inserts in (insert key word here) each post everywhere on the net the(insert key word here) key words they're trolling for it'll be such an overload it'll paralyze their data operations and cause an inability to act. They' would have to take action on so many things it'll cause them to get it all wrong. The government floks don't realize (maybe they do and that's why they're extremely paranoid-no one is more paranoid then government people) is that ultimately the people are in charge and will win the day. History proves it.

#40 ·
One could pull the plug on the desktop, the batteries out of the laptop and the cell phone and simply go dark. How long will it be before somebody starts to wonder where is Johnny and what's he up to these days? Haven't seen hide nor hair of him since martial law was declared. If Johnny happens to be a person of interest, which I assume none of us are, he simply increased their interest in him by doing so.

On the other hand one could try to keep their life as normal, as possible under the circumstances. If one posts to forums and those forums are open then why quit posting? Besides if you are sheltering in place you will eventually run out of things to do. If I were stuck at home and behaving at some point I'd probably want the peeping toms to know I wasn't happy about being cooped up. Not that that would matter to them.

#41 ·
If there was martial law declared (and yes I would not put that past the Obama Regime) the FIRST thing to be shut down would be the internet. Followed by legitimate news organizations like Fox News or CNSNews.
Heck, during the Obama closedown of the Washington War Memorials the traffic cams monitoring the streets near the Washington Mall and Arlington National Cemetary were "temporarily unavailable" even though ALL the other area cams were fully operational. If they would shut down traffic cams to hide protests by veterans from the public eye why would you think they would not shut down the internet?
Y'all did know that all internet traffic flows through Langley, Viginia, right? At least until the several million square foot data storage facility out in the western desert is completed. There is a reason for that.
Without shortwave or HAM there would be no way to know what would truly be happening.

#48 ·
The internet will be shut down as soon as it is no longer useful to the Agenda, so I am not worried about whether or not I will be able to post, here or anywhere else.

Martial law. You mean as situation where We, The People, are ruled by statutes and regulations that have absolutely nothing to do with constitutional law, where those uniformed enforcers, no matter at what political level of jurisdiction, are sporting the image of the federal flag, and contact with the citizen is no longer restrained by the Bill of Rights?

What if martial law were to be implemented by an office and never rescinded? What if the man in the executive position were shot before he rescinded the order, and no other person in that position rescinded it?

How is martial law rescinded? It is rescinded in three ways. The office to implement martial law (the executive position of either the federal or state governments) rescinds it, a sovereign nations invades, conquers and rescinds martial law, or the people of the nation under martial law condition rises up, retakes their nation, and rescinds martial law.

When the troops are taken off the streets, and the peace officers are replaced by law enforcement officers, it can be referred to as martial rule. Martial rule is a simmering version of martial law.

Just some thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.