Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
MAN, if martial law were declared, I do not think I would have time for internet. If I did use the internet, it would probably only to be used to check for new developments, news, etc...

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'm pretty sure if martial law is declared on a federal level posting here is going to be the least of our concerns. If the internet is still up & running which I doubt we'll all be looking for news and the forums will be heavily monitored by big brother. I think it would be wise to be very careful about what you post in such a situation. I would monitor the alternative news media but I doubt posting here would be a top priority. I have no doubt that if martial law were declared on the federal level all communications in this country would be shut down, cell towers shut down, landlines shut down, internet backbone shut down. Those with Ham radios would probably still be able to communicate but I suspect the government could probably jam those signals as well.

-Infidel

·
Super Moderator
9,674 Posts
Hasn't it already been declared with the NSA recording your phone, computer, e-mail's etc. What difference would martial law make?? They have all the info they need right now.
Big difference. They are just listening now, martial law would give them full control over everyone and everthing. You can kiss the Constitution bye bye.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
If martial law was declared one of the first things that they would do would gain control of communications and the flow of news. This site would be shutdown unless they kept it open in order to track down the people who would post on a site like this. I would not visit let alone post on a site like this.

·
Registered
560 Posts
If martial law was in effect I wouldn’t be sitting here. I would have already withdrawn into my secondary location and be getting my news via radio. With this “president” I would not be surprised if he found a way to declare martial law before leaving office. Hey maybe he can figure a way to declare himself emperor for life and we could really be screwed.

Well ok I am a bit off topic, sorry obumnuts…..

Reactions: Deebo

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good points, yet there is a lot that goes on with the internet that isn't social in nature. So it seem likely there would be internet operating on some level. I would expect to see blocking or censure of sites they deemed unacceptable or inflammatory.

Yet I have a hunch that they would also want to gather intel on those living under martial law so they would leave the internet pretty much alone and simply observe. I suspect one could post to their hearts content and be perfectly fine doing so. That is until they said something that was deemed unacceptable. It would be a strange situation to say the least.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
If martial law was declared one of the first things that they would do would gain control of communications and the flow of news. This site would be shutdown unless they kept it open in order to track down the people who would post on a site like this. I would not visit let alone post on a site like this.
In all honesty, if you feel that way, you shouldn't be posting on this site right now. Once Martial Law is declared, they already know who you are and where you are. They knew that the moment you logged onto this site. You should now be figuring out how to network with like minded people or you should figure out how to reverse course and appear to be a good little subject.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Would you continue to post on this or like forums?
The gov cannot simply declare martial law. It/they must have a reason for it. If martial law were enacted it would be for a specific area or part of the country. Martial law can only be enacted if a sate of insurrection exits. And history has it that insurrections are local. Things don't work in government the way most people think they do. (In Theory) what 1/2 the gov wants to do-the other 1/2 doesn't. The Prez can only enact Martial law for a quick fix temporary effort, then congress takes over. The way the gov is still rigged no one or no branch of government can just blatantly enact martial law for simply wanting to. It doesn't work that way. If in any area where martial law is declared the gov has the right to shut down all communications in and out of the covered area.

·
Super Moderator
9,674 Posts
The gov cannot simply declare martial law. It/they must have a reason for it. If martial law were enacted it would be for a specific area or part of the country. Martial law can only be enacted if a sate of insurrection exits. And history has it that insurrections are local. Things don't work in government the way most people think they do. (In Theory) what 1/2 the gov wants to do-the other 1/2 doesn't. The Prez can only enact Martial law for a quick fix temporary effort, then congress takes over. The way the gov is still rigged no one or no branch of government can just blatantly enact martial law for simply wanting to. It doesn't work that way. If in any area where martial law is declared the gov has the right to shut down all communications in and out of the covered area.
So it would be against the rules. We know he ALWAYS follows the rules.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
If I could it would just be to wish everyone good luck in the coming times.

May your bullets hit there target, your hot sauce last a long time and tp last longer.

If martial law is declared than the shit has really hit the fan and either way I could give a southern fried **** what they want the people to do when it is. I'll be doing what I need to.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I would be to busy to post much . If it were still up and running I may from time to time but using a VPN and not from this sight.
A president like Obama can declare just about anything they want I would not count on any law protecting me from a King.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts