Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically if you could have a 2kW lightweight IC generator that can run on any one liquid fuel what would you want that fuel to be?

·
Registered
581 Posts
For Short Term, I like gasoline with a propane conversion . For occasinal outages, you can use the propane, its clean and doesnt go bad. Once Propane is gone, switch over to gasoline, It should be easier to find than diesel. At least for the first few months of TEOTWAWKI.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Diesel would be my choice. Mainly because you can run it on other things besides diesel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got this idea to make an all in one ethanol still / power-heat cogeneration system. Grow your own corn and feed the thing with corn then get ethanol and power out.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
When did I say I'd spent 8k on a diesel generator?? Why would anybody spend 8K on one?? Heck no but my genny would be diesel powered. If I wanted to attract the whole neighborhood to my local.

Question was about what fuel. I'd never have a genny running in a SHTF scenario. I want to make it past the first couple days. Don't assume.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So not to tell too many secretes you can always collect the oil out of the capacitor banks on your everyday electric poles. Yes you can run a genny off this and as long as you can pull a trigger you can capture the oil.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So not to tell too many secretes you can always collect the oil out of the capacitor banks on your everyday electric poles. Yes you can run a genny off this and as long as you can pull a trigger you can capture the oil.
I've seen this attempted before and its pretty difficult to gather much liquid falling from a tiny hole at 20' or higher. I haven't tried myself, of course, but it seems that you'd need a ton of these to run anything for any amount of time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts