Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The people of Egypt through out their dictator. It is time for our golfer and cheif to go the same way. He belongs in a cell like mubarak. His family should be asked to leave the country for some place they'd feel special like Iran/North Korea - maybe Venezuela. This man won't negotiate with the duly elected body of the people but will a government that stones to death gay people. Those who carry a card calling themselves journalist should be striken of all rights and considered felons' for promoting the propaganda they spew in this dictators favor - they are not journalist they are complicit criminals and should be locked up for their crimes. I don't want violence, I don't want revolt, but I would love an old fashion march on DC with a demand for removal from office all those who have violated our trust, those who can't produce a budget, and can't live within the structure of government granted them by our founders.

I propose a simple amendment to the constitution:

If, the congress and executive branch can not agree on a budget within 90 days of the prior budgets expiration they and those employed by them for their purpose of governing will lose all pay and all benefits until such a budget it adopted. If those parties can not approve of a budget by the expiration of the previous budget, after 90 days of no pay and benefits, they shall be removed from offices and elections held for their positions. My guess is we'd never have another budget fiasco as long as I live.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The governments is afraid of us. They know we and the world are SLOWLY catching on that they aren't representing our best interests, so their only way to feel safe in bed at night is to keep us in fear of what would happen without their precious guidance. This whole budget fiasco is just another "What can we do today to shake up the sheep and keep them believing they desperately need their shepherd for protection?".

I vote all states SECEDE! I can't speak for states like California, or Connecticut, but I know the mid-West and South East aren't going to have a problem developing a proper state Militia in a short time!

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Agreed.. But the one problem is that we have given so much power to the ruling class that they have to vote to do it to themselves. Do you think a group that gives themselves exemptions, perks and raises would do this? Nope. Otherwise we'd have term limits.

I would love to see a 10+ million person march on DC and a camp out to throw the bums, all of them, out. But it will never happen in Amerika. Two reasons... We as a people tend not to go down that path, like Egypt, etc and secondly, I would imagine it would allow those in power, the ruling class, to declare marshal law to protect themselves. Of course, they would do it under the guise of protecting the law and being loyal to "their voters".

What you have witnesses over the past 20 years, greatly accelerated over the past 5 years, is the downfall of America. 2014 and 2016 won't matter. The ruling class will still be there.

Until we, as a population, reign in or eliminate the ruling class by placing rules on them such as limits on terms, pay, benefits, lobby restrictions, etc, it's over.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The people of Egypt through out their dictator. It is time for our golfer and cheif to go the same way. He belongs in a cell like mubarak. His family should be asked to leave the country for some place they'd feel special like Iran/North Korea - maybe Venezuela. This man won't negotiate with the duly elected body of the people but will a government that stones to death gay people. Those who carry a card calling themselves journalist should be striken of all rights and considered felons' for promoting the propaganda they spew in this dictators favor - they are not journalist they are complicit criminals and should be locked up for their crimes. I don't want violence, I don't want revolt, but I would love an old fashion march on DC with a demand for removal from office all those who have violated our trust, those who can't produce a budget, and can't live within the structure of government granted them by our founders.

I propose a simple amendment to the constitution:

If, the congress and executive branch can not agree on a budget within 90 days of the prior budgets expiration they and those employed by them for their purpose of governing will lose all pay and all benefits until such a budget it adopted. If those parties can not approve of a budget by the expiration of the previous budget, after 90 days of no pay and benefits, they shall be removed from offices and elections held for their positions. My guess is we'd never have another budget fiasco as long as I live.
This is what I'm talking about, people finally standing up and doing something, not waiting for some dam politician to do the right thing, never gonna happen. Drag those that refuse to listen out of the halls of congress by their ankles and leave them lying in the street, if they get up and try to argue, just shoot them.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
We have the power to completely do away with the congress and presidential power. It is called an initiative to amend the constitution.
All we need to do is find a way to make it seem attractive to a majority of the voters in all the states.

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Elections folks, elections. Vote the b*stards out, all of them.
We have term limits, if we would use them---

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
So, we should vote in new republicans and democrats AGAIN?
I believe the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome.
I vote Libertarian and as soon as the rest of the patriots in America decide that neither of the two leading parties is actually working for them and start voting Libertarian too there will be a return to the USA as it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
So, we should vote in new republicans and democrats AGAIN?
I believe the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome.
I vote Libertarian and as soon as the rest of the patriots in America decide that neither of the two leading parties is actually working for them and start voting Libertarian too there will be a return to the USA as it is supposed to be.
The D's and R's have poisoned the well so badly that I do not think I could ever trust another politician whatever their stripe - Libertarian, Constitution party, whatever... They are all bad. I think we stand a better chance of getting decent leadership by just randomly picking names from a phone book.

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
559 Posts
In Egypt they had nothing - they could not feed themselves - so they marched. Here we have too much SNAP and other benefits for those who have nothing, and for those who 'have something' we have mortgages and other debts that they are afraid to not pay back. The overlords have really painted the vast majority of the populace into a corner... I wish we would see it sooner, but I am afraid we won't see any meaningful change until 'its too late'.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tango - I respectfully disagree with your idea of allowing the vote to correct the country's political problems. Just who in the world should we vote for? I would venture a guess that 90% of all candidates (both sides of the aisle) are crooked narcissistic assholes who would never deserve a vote. The #1 project on their political agenda is to get re-elected, and nothing else. The USA has a terrible track record for electing it's leadership. We have to be the dumbest group ever. But year after year we march to the poles and either keep the old crooks or elect new ones.

Like the OP of this thread we must use the strength of numbers. Numbers of citizens. But first we must put our differences and prejudices aside for a while long enough to band together to make major changes in our legislature. Until we agree to march TOGETHER nothing will change.

Another greart suggestion here was to stop paying our taxes. It's simple and very legal way to do that is to have what is known as a "general strike" where the overwhelming majority of citizens take a week or two off of work WITHOUT PAY. This alone would bring our government to it's knees and they would beg for mercy. Of course it would, no doubt, cause considerable hardship on some families but the results would be well worth it.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Radical,
Terrorist,
Idealog,
Protectionist,
Teabagger,
Rightwinger,

you have been properly labeled, the American populous shall now return to there standard programing.

coming up next a funny video of a dog chasing his tale, and Kortney Kardashian has new panties, do you think they are too riskay?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I think the BEST thing people can do to effect a real change:

Withdraw from the economy one dollar at a time. We are no longer in a battle of ideologies, we are in a battle against math.

Grow your own food. Mow your own grass. Buy clothes at a yardsale. anything that keeps a dollar out of the economy. Bring it to its knees!

The only way I see working without an overzealous personal sacrifice.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
We can march,strike or whatever we want. It is too late IMO.. It is going to take a drastic situation for us to have a change like we need.. Something like a long term power outage is the only way I see any sort of a change where we can do away with the government like we have now. They have the military behind them. People say "They military will follow the people". That is true in a sense. But if we were to try to overthrow the government right now. The police and military would protect them. So we are kinda at a disadvantage..

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
If we tell the Brits we were wrong and are really really sorry, I wonder if they would take us back as colonies?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Oh I forgot to add, withdraw your dollars one at a time from the economy - except for in health care. Use as much of that **** as you possibly can as long as you aren't paying for it!!!! (ewwwwwww!)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Paul, I was not recommending who to vote for, only who to vote against.
People bitch about the congress critters, but they keep electing the same ones, term after term.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Marching on Washington will accomplish what?
Will it change the way business is done? I think not.

Many years ago, we fought a war to get free from a ruling class.
We have since allowed the congress critters to become a ruling class, because they have been elected often enough to make separate laws for us and for them.
There is no one to blame for this but us.
Folks say term limits will fix things--we have term limits, --elections.
Vote them out until the new ones get it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
We have the power to completely do away with the congress and presidential power. It is called an initiative to amend the constitution.
All we need to do is find a way to make it seem attractive to a majority of the voters in all the states.
Be very careful what you wish for. You might just get it.
A Constitutional convention would open the entire constitution to the whims of whoever wants to change it. That includes the 1st amendment, the 2nd amendment, the 5th amendment, etc. etc. etc.
It would open up such a big can of worms we would most likely be much worse off than we are now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As to a massive march on Washington, as mentioned in the OP, there is a large group of truckers who are planning a drive through of DC. I read this in a few places, but didn't get a lot of details.
Kinda reminds me of when the farmers drove their equipment to DC a number of years ago.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts