Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i want to learn a new language, as im getting more involved in prepping and i wanted to learn a language thats either russian or arabic, because of the tension in the middle east. If you have a diffrent idea for a language thats not french or spanish Im canadian and for 6 years i had to learn french post the language and i might consider it. Also if anyone hear wants to learn that language or speaks that language and wants to practice with someone im here shoot me a message.

-Anthony

·
Registered
640 Posts
Spanish is growing in the US and will continue to do so... Arabic is a bit of a stretch since they want to kill us... not live with us. Russian is difficult but fun... and probably easier if you buy a wife online (yes girls... humor was intended there... well... mostly).

My immediate group is learning Scottish Gaelic... which you guys have plenty of speakers in Nova Scotia. We chose it because it is VERY uncommon and wanted to be able to speak freely without being understood. So... it comes down to why you want to learn. Are you learning it so you can integrate with others or so you can speak privately without being understood? That's something you should consider before choosing a language. Or... don't worry about fluency... and get the basics of several languages so you are more versatile.

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
get a nice cd, music.

lets say ricky martin vuelve- its easy to listen to, and annunciated nicely.
the words are written in the cd case to each song.
get a small book called english sin barerres- (english with out barriers)
its spanish to english translastion

you can translate the songs word per word. when yer done you can speak read and write spanish.
excactly how i did it :)

double check yerself for free on babblefish.com- you can translate any language on there to and from :)

i sound very nice when i offer to kick yer ass in spanish.
pardon me, id like to kick yer ass when you have the chance, of course if thats okay with you-

but i do very well with spanish.

its the easiest to learn, the aphabet and phonetics are similar. its the easy way to go.

congigating yer verbs is easy they all end like so:
trabajar- to work
trabajando- working
trabaja- work

besar- to kiss
besando- kissing
besas- kisses

abrasar- to hug
abrasando- hugging
abrassas- hugs

calgar- to take a shit
calgando- shiting
calgas- shits

tu/eres- you/ you are
yo/estoy-me/i am
cosa - thing
you catch the wave?

thats a good start. but music is the way i did it , studied the word, looked it up translated to english and understand the sentence structure...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Rosetta Stone is excellent, and they've really come down on price recently.

Spanish, French, Italian, will all get you a job easier than just knowing one language.

If we keep paying Mexicans to breed, eventually they are going to overrun us and the US will become a predominantly Mexican speaking country. Mexican spanish and Spanish spanish are two different things.

Wanna tick a Spaniard off? Tell him he speaks Mexican.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Lol but they really speak castillion.
That's true - but they've just started making a serious point of that in the face of all the mistaking the two for the same language.

I've got a good friend from Spain, last name Suarez, and it really rustles his jimmies when I want to rile-him-up and I tell him, "hey, go speak Mexican to those Mexicans for me will you?"

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
Probably Spanish, if you are looking for a language that is handy in the states. I have been thinking about getting Rosetta Stone for Spanish.

Speaking of Rosetta Stone...

A few years ago I got Rosetta Stone for Hebrew. Was using it until work hours went into crazy overtime. Anyway, it is fantastic. I highly recommend that product. It works very well. Makes learning another language extremely easy. Thinking about getting the English one, as well. :grin:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WoadWarrior i can speak abit of irish gaelic ( my grandma was born in ireland ) i dont want to learn spanish because i really dont find it intresting i spent a month trying and got nothing out of it. French i know enough to tell someone in french i dont know what the hell there saying. I find germen to be super easy, i want to learn arbic because its an intresting language. Also from what ive learned from school and my own research syria and turkey arnt getting along are they, infact nobody in that area is getting along. My history teacher says that if there was to be another world war it would more than likely happen there. And russian sounds hella cool.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Try Byki, it is FREE online download.
They offer most any language.

If you want to learn the languages you spoke of.
Try learning Farsi, I have been told it is the basis of most languages spoken worldwide today?

Free Language Learning Software Downloads
Persian language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Somebody told you wrong.

Hell, farsi is not even the most commonly spoken language in the Middle East, although all the Arabic and Persian snobs like to claim it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts