Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Slippy at a minimum should spray some WD-40 on his Estwing stuff....:vs_wave:
What? And get rid of all the character and disallow the next owner the fulfillment of restoration? :devil::vs_peace:

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Anyone who doesn't live in a townhouse in the big city might find Bailey's a great place to shop. I do!!
Especially those who understand such terms as logdog, peavey, etc. (Calling your name @Slippy )
DIBBLE STICKS! I CANT imagine any YOUNG SAPLING fresh off the PLANTATION taking a RESIDUAL STAND and willing to CRUISE around for a CORD not knowing what in DBH we are talking about! It just CONTROL BURNS my BASAL AREA! :tango_face_grin:

(Ancient old and most likely dead Dr Smith (PHd Forestry) from Slippy's Land Grant Institute of Higher Learning Alma Mater would be proud of his memory!)

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
I have plenty of Hatchets, some Estwing. Hatchets I have, It's hookers and booze I am continuously running low on! :devil:

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
If you were a serious prepper, you'd have a robot and a still.

You are absolutely correct my friend. Not sure I can build me a robot but I bet I can throw a still together. :tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Hell, you can buy the robot.

Reactions: Prepared One

·
Administrator
14,707 Posts
That is an interesting website! I enjoyed looking around there. I learned that a "bark spud" is a thing! I have long wanted one of the Swedish axes, but have never been able to pull the trigger on one.
Their Hickory Shirt Company flannel shirts are great!! I have several.
I'm 6'3" and buy their 2X Tall, even on me hides a full size 1911 on my belt really nice.

Reactions: stevekozak

·
Administrator
14,707 Posts
I believe, without going out to the barn for a look, that both my axes are Vermont.
Nothing wrong with Husqvarna, I've had one of their saws for 20 years now.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
....the ever popular "Coyote date".....
I'm going to assume not everybody is familiar with the term.

Usually follows a state of inebriation wherein one person finds himself waking up next to someone that he would rather chew off his own arm than risk removing it and waking the fugly person.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just use a RockForge with a fiberglass handle I bought years ago at Home Depot. I only use it a few times a year but it holds an edge and fits my hand well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
After much research I have ordered a Husqvarna, Estwing came in second close enough I’ll be getting one of those as well.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts