Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again. I have few handguns really no need for more.
Every time I so to the LGS every ammo rack low to empty the 40 rack well supplied. There really is no need for anything between the 38,9mm 357 and .45 but that XDS 40 is calling me.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Smitty, PSA or Palmetto State Armory has a super deal on Springers. Sale price on the gun plus a $100 gift card for PSA. Check it out, might be a good deal for ya even with the transfer fee and shipping.

Us doglegs got to stick together.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smitty, PSA or Palmetto State Armory has a super deal on Springers. Sale price on the gun plus a $100 gift card for PSA. Check it out, might be a good deal for ya even with the transfer fee and shipping.

Us doglegs got to stick together.
Been looking at that, every sense I fired the XDS 45 I have wanted an XDS
As much as I have resisted the 40 over the years it may make sense to get one.

·
Registered
686 Posts
All my carry guns are .40's and I love them. Recoil is close to 9mm but it hits more like a .45

I haven't shot any of the newer model .45's, only the service 1911. I could shoot it, but never got that comfortable with it. Fell in love with the .40 first time I shot it and have never looked back. Got rid of my 9mm's shortly after that.

Finally have enough brass to start experimenting with handloads, but I'm pretty sure that there won't be any big surprises. Just gotta wait for the weather to get good enough to shoot them.

It is futile to resist the Darkside, young Jedi... lol

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Springfields are great I have 2 an XDM in 45 auto and a XD in 9mm I also have a glock in 40 cal and berreta Model 96 in 40 cal I like the Berreta best of the 2 40 Cals

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like my XDS. I have the .45acp though. I have considered getting the 9mm.
I had a chance to put 200 rounds down range with the XDS 45 . I had already figured I would not like it.
I was so wrong I fell for it the first 5 rounds and kept going.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Springfields are great I have 2 an XDM in 45 auto and a XD in 9mm I also have a glock in 40 cal and berreta Model 96 in 40 cal I like the Berreta best of the 2 40 Cals
I carried a Berretta 96D on the job for years and if given the choice I would still be carrying it. Sweet shooter and the size let you know you had a gun in your hand.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I carried a Berretta 96D on the job for years and if given the choice I would still be carrying it. Sweet shooter and the size let you know you had a gun in your hand.
I have been told the 92FS can just drop in the 40 barrel and good to go with a Mag for the 40 .
I have an 92FS just sitting around.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
I had a chance to put 200 rounds down range with the XDS 45 . I had already figured I would not like it.
I was so wrong I fell for it the first 5 rounds and kept going.
The 7 round mag's just seem to fit my hand. This is what I have chosen for cc.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I started thinking .40 when I saw the news on the homeland security ammo buy. I bought a full Glock, 22. and like it O.K. then got a Glock 33 in .357 Sig and a .40 barrel for it.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I started thinking .40 when I saw the news on the homeland security ammo buy. I bought a full Glock, 22. and like it O.K. then got a Glock 33 in .357 Sig and a .40 barrel for it.
Now I would buy a hi point before a glock

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've got a few thousand rounds through my 4" XD40 with ZERO malfunctions and great accuracy. It's not my favorite of the collection, but it's close.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I've got a few thousand rounds through my 4" XD40 with ZERO malfunctions and great accuracy. It's not my favorite of the collection, but it's close.
I have an XD in .40 as well, a very good and accurate firearm. It used to be my favorite before I bought a EAA Witness Match .45, still my favorite striker fired pistol though.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I spent a day at the range with my dad breaking clays at 100 yards with my mod 96 now its on long term loan with him, I also like the easy break down for cleaning of a 96 compared to a glock

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sorry I couldn't remember the name of the first sergeant in "We were Soldiers", Mel Gibson Film

One of my favorite of all time quotes was from the first sergeant "Sam Elliott" who was encouraged by Mel Gibson (playing LT. Col Hal Moore) that he should draw a M16

To which he replied...

"by the time I need one there will be plenty of them lying on the ground"

That is my feeling about the .40

I don't own one, and don't plan on putting money into that platform, but by the time I need one....

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry I couldn't remember the name of the first sergeant in "We were Soldiers", Mel Gibson Film

One of my favorite of all time quotes was from the first sergeant "Sam Elliott" who was encouraged by Mel Gibson (playing LT. Col Hal Moore) that he should draw a M16

"by the time I need one there will be plenty of them lying on the ground"

That is my feeling about the .40

I don't own one, and don't plan on putting money into that platform, but by the time I need one....
I think that was the Command Sargent Major that said that .
Not really about SHTF just there seems to be so much 40 ammo on the racks and I do like to burn a few rounds a week up .

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I've owned a Glock 23 since they first came out. I have been a 1911 and/or Browning Hi Power guy for most of my life, but the .40 works for me. I have considered getting a 9mm and a 357 Sig conversion kits for it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've owned a Glock 23 since they first came out. I have been a 1911 and/or Browning Hi Power guy for most of my life, but the .40 works for me. I have considered getting a 9mm and a 357 Sig conversion kits for it.
Better a .40 with .357 converstion or .357 with .40 conversion. Everything on Glock is the same except the barrel.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts