Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my botany class and correctly identified 15 plants. I am not paying for the certificate but it feels good. I have been combing my woods and area and have found about 6 medicinal plants growing in my lots and have a lot more to learn but it feels good. What should I study next.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,482 Posts
Great job!
Scouting your immediate area is always wise. You'll know where to go to get what you need without having to search for it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I graduated from nursing I felt ready to go, then realized that 90% of my training came after school, same with this class, I am just beginning.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,509 Posts
Well done, that’s more than I have managed to do at Khan Academy.

Reactions: Megamom134

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well done, that’s more than I have managed to do at Khan Academy.
This was just a online class and a book and I could take my time, which I seem to be short of lately with planting and yard work. Plus I have been picking dandelions for a week for making dandelion and ginger mead and a dandelion balm. In a few days the plantain will be big enough I can start picking that to make a balm for mosquito bite etc.

·
Super Moderator
3,407 Posts
This was just a online class and a book and I could take my time, which I seem to be short of lately with planting and yard work. Plus I have been picking dandelions for a week for making dandelion and ginger mead and a dandelion balm. In a few days the plantain will be big enough I can start picking that to make a balm for mosquito bite etc.

What do you use as a base for your balms?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nice job. I don't know if this is true but I hear that antidotes grow near the problem plants,. sorry to be vague but don't know a specific example. Is that true?

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,509 Posts
Khan Academy is all online classes, Mister Khan is an MIT grad and he started his site, to help people self-study.
It’s a pretty good place to learn and so is Edx, I have tried to finish classes at both sites.
Only to find out that I am a futz that never finishes anything. It’s been humbling.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Khan Academy is all online classes, Mister Khan is an MIT grad and he started his site, to help people self-study.
It’s a pretty good place to learn and so is Edx, I have tried to finish classes at both sites.
Only to find out that I am a futz that never finishes anything. It’s been humbling.
I never finished my class to learn German or Swedish either because I have trouble with English and I had no to practice on. I wanted to learn my ancestors lanquage but failed. I never passed my quantum physics class because although I loved learning it I am dumb and a rock retaining it. The botany and photography classes were so much easier because it is hands on, you go out take photos, use your camera and you go out find plants, look at leaf structure, placement, feel it, smell it, photograph it, look it up, tell all the characteristics in your journal and by the time you do all that you have a easier time remembering. Du är aldrig för gammal för att lära dig.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What do you use as a base for your balms?
Here is my newest recipe for a dandelion balm, I usually use the shea butter but not always if I want a firmer balm and I always use the beeswax.
DandeLion Balm

Yield: 6 ounces

2 tablespoons dandelion infused oil
2 tablespoons shea butter
2 tablespoons (24 grams) beeswax pastilles
2 teaspoons menthol crystals
10 drops peppermint essential oil
2 drops vetiver essential oil
10 drops rosemary essential oil

Reactions: Auntie

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Spent the morning picking plantain since the dandelions won't bloom in this gloomy weather. Going to make a anti-itch salve.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts