Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are using the latest Internet Explorer, do you see the ad banners and sides of prepperforums.net? The ones that rotate between all the different sponsors; APEX, Gunmag, Black River Outpost.

For those that have both Mozilla and Internet Explorer, would you be so kind as to load prepperforums in both browsers and see if there's a difference?

If you use a different browser, which one, and do you see the rotating ads?

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
11,032 Posts
Google Chrome here, with 2 ad blockers.

I see a very different internet that most people. :grin:

·
Registered
21,643 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Kahlan is correct.

I don't see the ads when I use my Internet Explorer, but I do see them on Mozilla. I don't recall ever changing the settings in my IE, so I'm trying to determine if this "issue" is local or across the board.

I appreciate all the input, everyone.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I use Chrome for forums (mostly). I see one square ad at the bottom and a partial banner shape at top right. I don't recall seeing one of your ads, though. To be honest, I don't pay much attention to ads. Especially that online training one.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I think Rob is wanting to make sure that people that don't have ad blockers can see his ads. Unfortunately I can't help there either since I do have an ad blocker installed.
I don't mind Ads in general They pay the bills I get it. But it gets out of hand roll over type ,key words, They those that block half the screen. Yes I run Ad block.
And use a few other tricks along with it.

Reactions: dannydefense

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Using Google Chrome, you ad is showing but is a lot smaller than the others. It is not showing at all in Safari even with ad blockers turned off.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I don't have ad block, use Inernet Explorer and I see the ad at the top for Life Straws @ $19.99. And the hyperlink (or is it a cookie? I'm technical dumb). And I understand the need for ads. And I was actually looking for your business name again. (sorry :( ) and found it at the top of the page! ::clapping:: I'll be getting me a few Life Straws. Thank you for supporting this forum, Rob Roy!

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
For those of you who are using the latest Internet Explorer, do you see the ad banners and sides of prepperforums.net? The ones that rotate between all the different sponsors; APEX, Gunmag, Black River Outpost.

For those that have both Mozilla and Internet Explorer, would you be so kind as to load prepperforums in both browsers and see if there's a difference?

If you use a different browser, which one, and do you see the rotating ads?

Thanks in advance
I have tried all the others. Firefox is the very best. Picked up this little jewel a month or two back. It can shut down all kinds of nefarious bs.

https://noscript.net/

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rob Roy, I wouldn't use Internet Explorer for 10 minutes no matter what; it runs so heavy and dirty and the only way to keep your comp running smoothly is to go through every clean-up and diagnostic each time you close it, plus all the ad blockers, etc. Mozilla Firefox is the best and cleanest IMO; I've tried them all and uninstalled them all except Firefox - no more ads. Good Luck and please try Firefox; see the difference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.