Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched this guy on Dooms Day Preppers that says he’s not going to prep but he and his group is going to come and get his neighbors preps.

What would you do if he was your neighbor?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Probably shoot him now, instead of later. Accidentally of course. Using a guy named Frank.

·
Registered
69 Posts
^^ I agree. First off its an ignorant way to look at survival in any situation. Who's to say a natural disaster doesn't take out his neighbors house and preps. Then what? You just keep knocking on doors with a gun in tow saying you're gonna take their food etc? That'll get ya shot around my house. But if there is a bright side...his neighbors know this guys intentions now.

·
Super Moderator
9,191 Posts
You mean to say his armor wouldn't stop .308? I don't like having to agree but with an admitted looter, I'd seriously have to look at a pre-emptive strike. I don't know If I shoot to kill. Maybe just both knees. You know, to slow him down. I think it was Texas who looked at the ravings of the one real big ex-truck driver and declared him mentally incompetent took away his firearms. I think this guy is worse.

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
It's a TV show. Someone called down to Central Casting and asked for a doofus Bubba.
Actually, I have never seen the show.
And that attitude where we live would get somebody in a world of hurt.

·
Super Moderator
9,191 Posts
I really enjoy watching the show, good for a few laughs. But as I said, that guy makes me sit up and take notice.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Ha! I just finished watching it on the On Demand function while I was trying to sort food stores that have sat for a few days in the bedroom floor. He will do well against the elderly and seriously ill, maybe even a few who are unprepared. He dies when he encounters his first determined intended victim.

What a walking, talking stereotype.

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
Our property is completely fenced, so if I knew a neighbor had that attitude to begin with the moment he climbed the fence I would light him up.
I'm not a violent, mean, evil person. But i'm not a fool, either.

Reactions: Joe

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Our property is completely fenced, so if I knew a neighbor had that attitude to begin with the moment he climbed the fence I would light him up.
I'm not a violent, mean, evil person. But i'm not a fool, either.
Nor am I a mean, violent, or evil person. What I am is an expert rated marksman on multiple weapons platforms that happens to have the ability to compartmentalize certain things.

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
Ha! I just finished watching it on the On Demand function while I was trying to sort food stores that have sat for a few days in the bedroom floor. He will do well against the elderly and seriously ill, maybe even a few who are unprepared. He dies when he encounters his first determined intended victim.

What a walking, talking stereotype.
I'm getting ill and elderly, and I can guarantee he wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in the eternal lake of fire( PC word choice)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
My question is what in the hell is Nat. Geo thinking by putting someone like that on TV. The preppers they put on are bad enough but that guy is just a gangbanger waiting to kill or be killed. All I will say is IF the SHTF all will be met with gun in hand and no one will be trusted on their word alone. I plan on surviving first, others not in my family will be a distant second! Don't know for sure since it hasn't come to that yet, but I don't plan on second guessing about an unknown or known person looking for freebies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I once had an aquaintance tell me that he would just take what he needed when the SHTF. I told him; until you run into someone like me. The look on his face was priceless. The guy on Doomsday Preppers weighed at least 400 pounds. He probably couldn't even walk to his neighbor's house without dropping dead from a heart attack.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Wow. I'm not the penultimate judge of a person, but I've been around enough to know who's a predator and who's not.

That guy will be in the fetal position if he's ever put in to a without rule of law survival scenario. Crying. I would bet my preps on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The show "Doomsday Preppers" is comical.
While some of the awesome bunkers are great, the majority of the folks on there are exploiting prepping for TV time and to give us bad ideas, lol.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.