Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just not capable of carrying a low capacity weapon. I get a little physically sick in my gut when the action locks back, or the hammer goes click on an empty chamber. My eyes start to swell a little and I get dizzy. It's one of the most miserable sounds I can think of and I just want it to go away.

Since I don't like to buy guns that can't be used in a defensive/offensive and hunting role, I just don't think I can make myself buy a revolver or a traditional hunting rifle. Even hunting I have to have spare magazines and defensive pistol or I get all fuzzy and can't think straight. Like the loss of blood from an appendage being cut off. I think I must face the reality that I must have large capacity semi and full automatic firearms or I'll lose it.

Is there a help group for this? :-(

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Just what would you do if that was all you could own. A revolver and nothing over a .33 caliber? Think about our brothers and sisters in places like India and be very thankful that we can own revolvers in 38, 40, 41, 44 and 45 caliber.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
What's wrong with lower capacity weapons? Sometimes I like to carry a little snub nose five round wheel gun. It goes quite well with my 12 round .40s&w, the two of them like hanging out together when they get the chance.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
On the other hand all liberals should be limited to the amount of oxygen they are allowed breath to what they can carry in their lungs in one gulp per hour, just to share the wealth as they say!!! :idea: Kind of like low cap. magazines.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just what would you do if that was all you could own. A revolver and nothing over a .33 caliber? Think about our brothers and sisters in places like India and be very thankful that we can own revolvers in 38, 40, 41, 44 and 45 caliber.
I don't want to live in that world, so I think I'd burn it down. They choose to.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I am just not capable of carrying a low capacity weapon. I get a little physically sick in my gut when the action locks back, or the hammer goes click on an empty chamber. My eyes start to swell a little and I get dizzy. It's one of the most miserable sounds I can think of and I just want it to go away.

Since I don't like to buy guns that can't be used in a defensive/offensive and hunting role, I just don't think I can make myself buy a revolver or a traditional hunting rifle. Even hunting I have to have spare magazines and defensive pistol or I get all fuzzy and can't think straight. Like the loss of blood from an appendage being cut off. I think I must face the reality that I must have large capacity semi and full automatic firearms or I'll lose it.

Is there a help group for this? :-(
Depending on where you are on you gun collecting timeline think of say a revolver as a backup or a very old one as a throw down.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Depending on where you are on you gun collecting timeline think of say a revolver as a backup or a very old one as a throw down.
I've got semi's for that and a revolver is just too low capacity with no ambidextrous controls and no benefit I can see worth it for me to own one. I'm a large capacity, semi/full auto kind of guy and I'll just have to live with myself. :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I'm a fan of military style standard capacity firearms. Like the AR, M14 etc. Lately I have been burning through you tube videos looking for a reason not to buy a Beretta, 92 FS, M9 or Inox. Found nothing to dissuade me. I guess I'll be move over my fire belching wrist jellifying single action cannons, to make room in the safe for a Beretta.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm a fan of military style standard capacity firearms. Like the AR, M14 etc. Lately I have been burning through you tube videos looking for a reason not to buy a Beretta, 92 FS, M9 or Inox. Found nothing to dissuade me. I guess I'll be move over my fire belching wrist jellifying single action cannons, to make room in the safe for a Beretta.
You won't be sorry. I've got a few and eyeing more. My favorite pistol. I could always own another. I was thinking it might be nice to have an Inox too.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I priced the Inox at the Cabelas in town and it was going for 649 on sale regular price 699, the FS and M9 were both on sale for 549 regular price 649, with the A1 priced a bit higher, I guess the A1 is a bit higher priced because of the rail. I found them for less online but it's a wash after the transfer fees are tacked on.

I'm like Jekyll and Hyde. I swear I must be dyslexic when it comes to selecting guns. Because I have kerplunker guns on one end of the spectrum and the bullet hoses on the other end. Though if the SHTF the bullet hoses will be my go to guns and I'll never look twice or look back at the kerplunkers. If it doesn't hold more than 15 rounds it will stay in the safe.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.