Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you get a baritone uke, it is tuned the same as a guitar, just without the first two strings (D-G-B-E). The one on the left is a baritone, on the right is a tenor. Baritone sounds more guitar-like, deeper sound.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

I so want a banjolele. Maybe some day.

·
Registered
survival skills, shelter building / bushcraft, emergency preparedness for short and long term
2 Posts
Congrats on getting your first ukulele. They have a great sound to them and are really easy to learn how to play compared to a 6 string instrument. Standard tuning is GCEA whereas with a guitar it is EADGBE. The chords you should focus on when starting out are C, D, G, and Em, these are among the easiest to get your fingers just right. The easiest songs to learn for an absolutely beginner are Stand By Me - by Ben E. King (oldie but a goodie), Riptide - by Vance Joy, or something like All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s cool. Congratulations on the first ukulele! It’s an amazing small instrument that doesn’t require a lot of learning. I managed to learn to play it a little in a few days, and it helped me to relax and sort out my thoughts a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts