Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, as most of you already know I am only 21 years old. Everything that I have I have worked for and got it on my own. I don't have much but what I do have I make an honest living to get. Well to get to the point I just got a new home!!! I am currently renting the one I am in now and I don't like that at all. I spend over $500 a month here for something I can't call my home. So the interesting thing about me getting a new home is.... it was free!!!! Yes FREE! My fiance's Aunt Sheila gave me and my girlfriend a trailor on some land. I know it's not much but for 21 years old and owning property and a home that is amazing in my book. Here is the catch though. The trailor on the property needs work. Some windows are broken, the floors are in terrible shape, doesn't have any sort of electric ran to it, no gas, no water. So here is what I have to do, I have to buy a new electric pole, meter box, gas and water line, run and hook it all up, and fix everything in the house. I am not complaining at all because I just got the place for free and it will start me out on my first homestead and my own place to live for free! I was so excited when I found out and this is why, we don't have much money and cannot afford the place we are living and they sold this house out from underneath of us. This is where we will be living. Broken or not, it's going to have to do. I have some work to do and family that is going to help. I am not asking for sympathy because I won't accept it. I am just letting you guys know the current news and letting you know that after about a month or a few weeks I won't be on without internet. I wanted to let all know because I didn't want anyone thinking I left the community. If you made it this far thanks for reading and God Bless you all :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
why would anyone be mad at ya.....you have contributed alot of information on here and I would want to wish you good luck and congratulations on living out your dream!! Do keep in touch though from time to time with some photos so that we can all see what you are up to!....cheers !!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
oH wow man! this is just awsome! youll do well, hunney sounds like you got a good head on your shoulders! im pulling for you! what a fantastic gift!
my very best for you, make sure you check in from time to time and let us know you are doing nicely!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats !! I am excited for you. You sound like you are ambitious and have your priorities straight at such a young age. Check with the utility company you should not have to pay for the pole. They should place the pole for you. We totally gutted and remodeled an old farm house and we have more into it than if we would have built a new one. Check out your options. We wish you the best of luck in your adventure.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats dude! You'll enjoy it.. room to move.

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
466 Posts
First thing I would do, is to measure out your windows and order double pane to replace them with. Then next and most important, reseal the entire roof. That is the way I went about mine. I am a retired framer, and you can pm me for any help or info you may need. P.S. you can get on the computer at most library's for free. You can access your emails and sites from there. Just a little ps for you . Good luck and enjoy ! Nadja

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Nadja for the wonderful advise. And Shotlady, I am not getting what your saying, you mean you don't have a husband? Sorry not getting what that comment was about sooo sorry ;)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
nope no husband. i fired him 17yrs ago. and kinda just paid attention to being a mom and working. never really looked up or around. im not dissapointed. gave me time to get my head on strait.

i should have quoted you -so we can follow the bouncing ball. lol
you said the husband and kds are lucky...

sorry i switch back in forth to my bike/shittalk101 and this forum. and they post super quick there. its pretty funny...
dont wanna jack your new spot thread... carry on

so your new spot is it easy to get to in a regular car so the fiance can get in and out of the property easily?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the home owning brotherhood bro! I bought my first house when I was 21. It's a great feeling knowing your hard earned bucks ain't going to make someone else rich!

Reactions: WVTactics
1 - 17 of 17 Posts