Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been over to a friends place showing him some leather working techniques. I put my tools in their bag on the front seat of the truck. Stopped at the store on the way home and didn’t lock the doors….$700 in leather working tools gone…….Sheeeeeesh

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This type of thing happens all the time. But ask yourself did you know he was a thief and thought just because he is your friend he won't steal from you.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, this happened on the way home, my friend didn't take them...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Got any local flea markets nearby?

I cannot stand thieves. I stole a few things when I was younger, I'm not going to lie and act like a saint. It was a few years later when I thought about the impact it may have had on other people (I stole from stores, but that's no better than a private citizen when it all boils down). People work hard for what they have, and anyone who thinks they can just come along and take that for little to no effort outta be strung to a wall in town square until they've had some time to think about it. Myself included for those offenses I committed.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Bamaboy,
I made most all my leather working tools. What did you lose?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Sorry to hear...Hope the store can help out with the cameras and police find the thief...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bamaboy,
I made most all my leather working tools. What did you lose?
I had every punch just about made, knives, rawhide mallets, awls, groovers, 360 stamps all in a portable kit. You name it I had it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check out the pawn shops. Most thieves hang around with other thieves and has no use for tools.
Reached out and let the pawn brokers know what I am looking for and filed a Police report...

Reactions: kevincali

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Reached out and let the pawn brokers know what I am looking for and filed a Police report...
That's all you can do unfortunately.

Had tons of tools stolen out of my truck bed. I only turned around for a second. Called cops but never saw the tools again. That was almost 10 years ago :(

I HATE thieves. I just saw a video of a guy getting his fingers chopped off for theft. That needs to be done here

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hate thieves and hope there is such a thing as Karma so they will bring it back on themselves two fold.
I am with you there, it took years to acquire the things they took in a second. And I just bought a new walking foot sewing machine.....Gonna put a damper on that...

"I would love to spit some beechnut in that guys eye and shoot him with my 45"...Bocephus

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, one of my staff members not only had the rear side window (huge piece of glass) of her Suburban smashed out last night and her husbands tools stolen...but it was by one of my students who lives down the street from her. The summer before last, he stole a firearm. He's a big fat, sack of shittake with zero motivation in life. The sad part is his dad is a Sgt. in the Army and a Special Forces Operator out of Ft. Lewis. Mom and dad are pretty much waiting for him to turn 18 and send him packing, which is soon.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, one of my staff members not only had the rear side window (huge piece of glass) of her Suburban smashed out last night and her husbands tools stolen...but it was by one of my students who lives down the street from her. The summer before last, he stole a firearm. He's a big fat, sack of shittake with zero motivation in life. The sad part is his dad is a Sgt. in the Army and a Special Forces Operator out of Ft. Lewis. Mom and dad are pretty much waiting for him to turn 18 and send him packing, which is soon.
I know a fire ant bed I would love to stake suckers like that to! I am like most here I imagine, I have worked hard to get the few things I have. And I will help anyone I can if they ask but don't steel from me! If I catch a thief I become very dangerous….

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Sad. I kinds feel like too many people condone stealing nowadays. Have I ever stolen anything, yes, and I still remember the embaressment of taking that candy back to the car wash and explaining I had stolen it, and cleaning their parkinglot as punishment.
It seems that "its ok to gank from anybody".
Bigdogbuc, I bet some of the kids like this pos?

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Bama, my twisted mind was working a few nights ago, and I was smoking a cigarette, looked at my fiance and said "you know, all the scary/horror movies we have watched, i NEVER saw anyone stick a lit cig up somebodys nose". "imagine the smell of hair and flesh burning"..She told me I was "F-ing crazy"..

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Sad. I kinds feel like too many people condone stealing nowadays. Have I ever stolen anything, yes, and I still remember the embaressment of taking that candy back to the car wash and explaining I had stolen it, and cleaning their parkinglot as punishment.
It seems that "its ok to gank from anybody".
Bigdogbuc, I bet some of the kids like this pos?
Oh yeah. Hell, one of his buddies' parent is a school board member (elected position). But his "popularity" has been steadily waning and even my frequent fliers are getting tired of him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.