Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...That a couple of my neighbors who have lived next door for the last several years, were prepping. I don't make it a point to "make friends" as I find most people, but not all, more work and liability than they're worth. It's hard especially with my time in Law Enforcement. I'm more of a casual, brief but friendly conversation, leave you to your own devices kind of guy. So I didn't really "know" my neighbors. But it turns out I was right.

They bought an older RV last year. Upgraded their Jeep. Planted a garden in their front yard. Down the street another family had started a garden in their front yard. The neighbor across the street started one in their back yard. And I noticed over the summer, they were all mingling.

Anyway, my next door neighbors came over and asked if I could talk to my mom to see if they could pick some Fig's from her HUGE fig tree as they wanted dehydrate some.

The wife headed next door to the tree and the husband looked and me and said "So I don't know if you've seen some of the things going on in our country lately..." Door...OPEN. :D

"How could you miss them?" I replied.

We sat for the next hour and chatted. Seem's they're wanting to network "other like minded individuals" in the neighborhood. During this time, I dropped the bomb; I'm a prepper too. And I feel the same way you do about our over-reaching government, the economy, the racial situations going on, self sustainability, security and safety. And here's why...

:eek: ...nope, I'm not kidding.

During the course of our conversation I heard a lot of "I never thought of that" and "that's a good idea" and "yep, you're right. I should be doing this", but more importantly I heard "Can you help us as a group?" We talked about my limitations in prepping under current circumstances, but also plans that I have for the future in doing everything I can given those limitations, as well as some of the things I have in place, including plans, maps, resource procurement, security (neighborhood wide) and so on. This is what he looked like...:shock:

So it turns out that by simply minding my own business and watching the world go by, I landed smack in the middle of a blossoming little prepper community right in my own neighborhood that I am honored to be a part of. I would expect some new members to the forum in the near future.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Very nice.. It is always nice to hang around like minded people. It is a plus that they are neighbors and you can help each other out if the need arises. I hear people say all the time that they don't need help and plan to go it alone..You wouldn't make it far on your own as far as I'm concerned. We are lucky where we are. We are VERY isolated and even have a more isolated place to go here on the property if needed. Many miles away.. Plus friends,family and distant neighbors that plan to help out if it were to get really bad..
Congrats on your new friends! Sounds like you have a good thing opening up.. Just be careful..

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Kinda sounds like a bunch of hippies to me.

LOL, I'm kidding. Good job.
Don't punch your neighbors - even if they are a bunch of hippies! That is the one exception to my hippie punching rule.

But you could punch Jane Fonda. I see she is in the news again, although I do not know what for. I cannot stand that woman and refuse to even read anything about her except her obituary. That will be a good day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You lucky sonuva. . . congratulations !

I have very, very little (practically non-existent relationships with the neighbors) Though just pissin around in the back yard at times playin with the dobie, i would hop the fence to check out the woods behind our house (Live in a suburb type area), Mostly so i could collect some nice chunks of fire wood. And i can see into both backyards. As far as garden's/stockpiles/etc., i see none, so I do not believe any of my immediate neighbors to be preppers. So immediate threat's still surround me, at least you have a soft cushion to start !

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Good news BDB.

I have two immediate neighbors I believe are prepared, and one other neighbor who is showing signs of being influenced by one of them. I also have a mountain of a man who is relatively new to the street who is a cop. Great guy, friendly, outgoing, cool as heck knee high son, exteremely well trained Rotties, etc. I've dropped a couple of hints I'm sure he picked upon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.