Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever get the feeling you are to be thwarted at every turn? You could buy land and gold only to see the price of sky and tin skyrocket? We must be brothers, then.

For several weeks, I have been looking into hydroponic and aquaponic gardening while looking to find that perfect little corner of paradise in the country to call my own. I now have a fantastic wife who shares my traditional sense of the way things oughta be, and would rather dig her own sweet potatoes than pick through piles of crappy ones at the stores.

I was very close to finding the land when, BLAMMO!, all this gun-grabbing government oppression crap got stirred up.
I figure it happened because the universe can't stand the thoughts of me catching that sort of break, and I should have known this would happen.

This being the case, I apologize from the bottom of my pea-pickin' little heart.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
938 Posts
And all because you still believe in the new American dream.

C'mon in -- the water's fine!

·
Registered
243 Posts
THE WEIGHT
I pulled into Nazareth, I was feelin' about half past dead;
I just need some place where I can lay my head.
"Hey, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?"
He just grinned and shook my hand, and "No!", was all he said.

Take a load off Fanny, take a load for free;
Take a load off Fanny, and you put the load right on me.

I picked up my bag, I went lookin' for a place to hide;
When I saw Carmen and the Devil walkin' side by side.
I said, "Hey, Carmen, come on, let's go downtown."
She said, "I gotta go, but my friend can stick around."

Go down, Miss Moses, there's nothin' you can say
It's just ol' Luke, and Luke's waitin' on the Judgment Day.
"Well, Luke, my friend, what about young Anna Lee?"
He said, "Do me a favor, son, won't you stay and keep Anna Lee
company?"

Crazy Chester followed me, and he caught me in the fog.
He said, "I will fix your rack, if you'll take Jack, my dog."
I said, "Wait a minute, Chester, you know I'm a peaceful man."
He said, "That's okay, boy, won't you feed him when you can."

Catch a Cannonball, now, to take me down the line
My bag is sinkin' low and I do believe it's time.
To get back to Miss Fanny, you know she's the only one.
Who sent me here with her regards for everyone.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Ironic.

A few months ago my wife suggested we plan on staying in the city and only go to our Nevada property if SHTF. She proposed working for 6 months longer than she needs to so we'd have the money to finish the home we are building together with my brother on the Nevada property. I wanted to rent out our home in CA and live in NV but she is hoping to convince me to stay in CA longer, and the ironic part is she presents me these plans she researched for a 600 sq foot aquaponics farm in our back yard that we could easily move to NV at some point. Her math suggest the sm aquaponics system will 100% meet our veggies and fish needs. I had proposed moving just because we had the space there for growths and now she's showing me we have the space at our home.

Ever get the feeling you are to be thwarted at every turn? You could buy land and gold only to see the price of sky and tin skyrocket? We must be brothers, then.

For several weeks, I have been looking into hydroponic and aquaponic gardening while looking to find that perfect little corner of paradise in the country to call my own. I now have a fantastic wife who shares my traditional sense of the way things oughta be, and would rather dig her own sweet potatoes than pick through piles of crappy ones at the stores.

I was very close to finding the land when, BLAMMO!, all this gun-grabbing government oppression crap got stirred up.
I figure it happened because the universe can't stand the thoughts of me catching that sort of break, and I should have known this would happen.

This being the case, I apologize from the bottom of my pea-pickin' little heart.

:mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.