Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Hurricane Watch?

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Annie 
In Florida, "mandatory evacuations" does not mean you must leave. No one will come and force you. Likewise, if you get in trouble, the authorities will not come to your rescue.
This is specifically on point for a member of my very extended family. My brother-in-law's brother-in-law(sister's husband) decided he was going to ride it out. He's in construction, and thinks it will be a good thing to stick around and be first on the scene. This is the same genius who took his whole family to Colorado to become a failed pot farmer. Needless to say, he's the rightful black sheep.
What's worse, he currently has his son with him, while wife and daughter evacuated.
Selfish idiot...

I don't wish ill on dumb people, but to endanger a child by being dumb, that deserves some form of karmic punishment.

Hope they're okay. Remember, God takes care of idiots and babies. ;)

@rice paddy daddy I hope you, the Mrs and your property are all doing okay.
Apparently they rode it out just fine. A few blocks away, the streets were running with 4 feet of water. Where they were, no such flooding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.