Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had a few friends come in from Florida to do some huntin. They brought a guy with them that owns a few "large" gun shops for a hobby. This guy knows his weapons. And has plenty of money. he just bought a new leer jet and has a 55ft Viking with twin 1500's. Anyway, they asked if he could come with them. SO I said sure, we have plenty of room. He offered to pay but I told him no. Well, when they arrived last Friday he walked up and handed me a Swarovski Z6 5x30x50. I tried not to take it but I ended up with a new scope for my 308.

So, we spend a few days hunting. They killed a 23 and 31 in muley both had 10pts and a 8pt whitetail that measured 28.. On top of that, the guy that brought the scope killed a 3x5 bull elk.. Nothing huge but he was nice. I ended up with ALL the meat since they didn't want to fly it back.Now I am cutting,smoking and grinding the meat to freeze up for the year. Goin to make at least 100 lbs of sausage from it.. While he was here, we were talking about long range shooting. He found out I like to long range shoot and said he would sent me a LONG range scope for the 300 win mag I am looking for. And they gave me over $1000 for taking them and feeding them while they were here. I tried not to take it but they ended up giving it to my fiance. We are starting a hunting club on the property and are planning on having 15-20 members a year so it looks like it might just work out.

Well, today I get package with a VALDADA IOR 12x52x56 Terminator Tactical that we were talking about.. With a note saying he was going to send me a custom Remington 700 XCR long range 300 win mag to a gun shop in town in the next week or so and said thanks for a great huntin trip.

What a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
So what are you going to do for excitement the rest of the week.

Don't go getting depressed on us!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sounds like he really appreciated your hospitality. Sounds like a great time, you shouldn't have to worry about meat for a while anyway.

-Infidel

·
Super Moderator
9,074 Posts
To say i'm happy for you and a whole envious would be an understatement. Congrats

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tell me about it. I'm like a kid on Christmas... On top of that, he gave my fiance a pair Zeiss binoculars and spent a few thousand on groceries. We were in IGA the other day pickin up some stuff. We went to the meat dept and he asked how many steaks they had. They asked what kind. He said "the good stuff" ribeye,filet,porterhouse and stuff. The meat lady said She would check AND came back and said 60-70. He said we would take all of em!! Then picked up a new grill on the way home..I bet we have 50 steaks out in the freezer right now on top of the few we already have. We made 3 trips to town and each one we FILLED up on groceries,liquor and beer. You should see my liquor cabinet after they left.. He liked the good stuff and left everything here.

We stopped by a cafe for a bite in town and for the 4 of us it was just under $80 and he left $300 on the table.. He is a Nice guy all around..

·
Registered
904 Posts
A good "client" with a fat wallet is a great start to a hunting/guiding company. That is all top notch gear he gave you. Best of luck with your new hunting/guiding service.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Looks a new career is off to a roaring start!

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Can I schedule some of my vacation next year, and just come haul meat with/for you all?
Awesome, and I hope the gentleman is telling his friends what a great guy you are.
If you want, please PM me or send us a link, I am considering a hunting vacation next year, and would love to check out your part of the country.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Can I schedule some of my vacation next year, and just come haul meat with/for you all?
Awesome, and I hope the gentleman is telling his friends what a great guy you are.
If you want, please PM me or send us a link, I am considering a hunting vacation next year, and would love to check out your part of the country.
Word. Maybe we could cobble together a forum hunting trip.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Be quiet about it or the tax man will pay you a visit.
I fight that every few years here I allow open hunting and the try to say I get payed for it.
I allow open hunting with no payment of any kind for a few reasons on understate law if I receive no payment
I am protect from liability . And the land does need to be hunted Deer do a lot of damage .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts