Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. im a 30yr old cnc machinists from dfw area, I've always had the "don't have it.... Then make mentality, save your money for the things you can't realistically fabricate or conceive

Its been hard for me to switch modes to "prepper", till recently I've had a pretty nomadic livingstyle and planned on bugging out.

Recently acquired a house and some land, trying to accomplish as much as possible from a mindset of being sustainable to the fullest degree.

Armed with curiosity, determination and willingness to learn I've almost competed my first major project: water collection. Im getting ready to build a 40 ft windmill for power generation. I have increased my carpentry skill starting from building a questionable box to collect wood the dogs gather on a daily basis, and i feel i have grown enough to attempt build the super duper shed option as seen in the lowes parking lot (crossing my digits).

also.... The biggest step in my mind, growing to eat and eating what you grow, god save us all if i have to cook....

I hope to gather knowledge, as well as share what I've learned thus far, and i welcome critcsm

"if you're not being criticized, you might not be doing much"

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome from AZ!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome from Nevada from a transplanted Texan.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Georgia. Never be afraid to at least try whatever you want to do or need to do. As a 49 year old man I decided to try martial arts and love it, the wife and I have been gardening now for 3 seasons, never say that you can't but always do. By the way slight mis quote from Bruce Lee. Lol

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum from your neighbor, another fellow Texan. Great to have you here with us all. Hope you find your time here well spent. Sounds like you got some major work ahead of you but think about how great it will be once you got some of it done! Hope to see you around and hear a lot more from you!

·
Administrator
15,031 Posts
Welcome from Florida

1 - 8 of 8 Posts