Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am Rob, I live in N. Texas. I have been a small time prepper for years, and until recently when the TV shows and media attention got wind of the prepper community, it was a secret of my own. My wife didn't even know of some of the preps I had done, I feared she would think I was crazy like everyone else. Last year, we had a bad storm roll through our town and left us without power for a week. I say us, but more like the other neighbors. I had prepared for a scenario like that for years. My wife was gracious and confused at the same time. We had a/c, refrigerator, TV, and lights when none of the neighbors had anything, all thanks to a generator and a stored fuel supply. It was then people around me saw what I was made of and what my secret was. So here I am, not a closet prepper anymore. Well, some things are still secret, but my closest friends and relatives know what I do.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome Rob! Good to have you with us. Our online community is not as large as the off-line community but we have some great information and, I believe, we can never spend too much time preparing.

Enjoy your time with us.

Mike

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from NW Arkansas. I too have tried to keep my prepping a secret from my community and even from some of my family for several years. Eventually word gets out and people become curious about how/why you prep. Of course some of the new TV shows has not helped that any.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas, glad to have you here with us all. Good for you and hopefully it made an impression on your wife and neighbors. Hope to see you around and see you often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts