Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am Rob, I live in N. Texas. I have been a small time prepper for years, and until recently when the TV shows and media attention got wind of the prepper community, it was a secret of my own. My wife didn't even know of some of the preps I had done, I feared she would think I was crazy like everyone else. Last year, we had a bad storm roll through our town and left us without power for a week. I say us, but more like the other neighbors. I had prepared for a scenario like that for years. My wife was gracious and confused at the same time. We had a/c, refrigerator, TV, and lights when none of the neighbors had anything, all thanks to a generator and a stored fuel supply. It was then people around me saw what I was made of and what my secret was. So here I am, not a closet prepper anymore. Well, some things are still secret, but my closest friends and relatives know what I do.

· Registered
304 Posts
Welcome Rob! Good to have you with us. Our online community is not as large as the off-line community but we have some great information and, I believe, we can never spend too much time preparing.

Enjoy your time with us.

Mike

· Registered
433 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from NW Arkansas. I too have tried to keep my prepping a secret from my community and even from some of my family for several years. Eventually word gets out and people become curious about how/why you prep. Of course some of the new TV shows has not helped that any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.