Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am Jase and I am living in Colorado USA.

I have just started getting into Prepping and Preparing to live after a catastrophic event.

I just recently purchased some goods to get me started.

-25L Backpack (Outdoor Brand)
-About 5 pocket knives, heavy use.
-2 books about homesteading, and living after SHTF.

I still need to start storing food, and learning how to store wild game, how to grow veggies, and other food.

I am very interested in living off the land after SHTF and I am actually looking forward to it.

Hope that was a good enough introduction to Prepper Forums, and I am looking forward to meeting some new people and learning some new things!

-Jase

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad to have you here. If you will look back on old post, you will find everything you need. Again welcome.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Welcome from Texas. May I ask if you were affected by the recent flooding, and if so, was that an influence towards being more prepared? I if so, do you mind sharing what your experiences or observations were?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from Texas. May I ask if you were affected by the recent flooding, and if so, was that an influence towards being more prepared? I if so, do you mind sharing what your experiences or observations were?
Hello Rigged for Quiet, I was not directly affected by the flooding. I live in the city, but that was the main reason I started. I have always wanted to start, but that was the breaking point. My observations from the flooding were that anything can happen even if it was a low probability.

·
Administrator
15,257 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
I spent some time in Colorado in the late 60's, Fort Carson.
To darn cold for a Florida boy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all of you for the welcome. I hope I enjoy it here! :p

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome, Jase, from Southern Minnesota. There is lots of good info here and even more good people. Don't get caught up in the "I'm so far behind in preps" syndrome. Do what you can, as you can. I started with storing water in my empty milk jugs. Then spending an extra $20.00 per grocery shopping trip. I just spent $200.00 on more food preps - canned goods. It feels good to have extra. Even if S doesn't HTF.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts