Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

Long time prepper from Wisconsin here. I'm not a radical, but equally invested in good lifestyle choices, long term sustainability (with or without grid), and of course, prepping for the short term for whatever of the many crazy scenarios facing us every day in our bold new world. I'm all for COMMUNITY (and my preference is for "gospel community" linked equally by life needs and our need of relationships both horizontally and vertically), and have come to understand that without community the most any of us could possibly hope for is mere raw existence and survival for a limited period of time.

My wife and I (married 35 years, 2 sons with families and grandkids) have lived out the sort of things that a lot of newbies to the field only talk about on-line. We both grew up on working farms and understand the rythms of life related to life from the land. We've been avid gardeners and have raised our own livestock for the freezer. We've lived off-grid for as much as 2-3 years at a time, not intentionally, but due to our own private WSHTF scenarios, mostly finacial, but some due to disaster-related events. Further, we've been involved in helping others cope with natural disasters as well.

We hunt, fish, gather, and grow, and when necessary, go to the store just like everyone esle. :p Our intentional preps are now just that -- intentional. Current projects include rainwater harvesting, off-grid heating, gardening and preserving what we grow in multiple ways that depend less and less on the freezer, and solar electricity production for desirable fixtures in the home. We are also avid off-road enthusiasts and travel widely around the country seeking new friends and new trails to conquor. I am one of the co-founders of the United Christian Off-Road Alliance, a national (and now international) gathering of clubs, forums, and individuals who are interested in a family friendly approach to things off-road and also who tend to live a Christian life style. UCORA hosts annual events at well-known off-road venues across the nation.

Not sure what else to include, but if you wanna know, just ask! I'm that way... :eek::mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

·
Administrator
15,418 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
I was in your fine state once, Madison and Green Bay. Ya'll sure do like cheese!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup... I've been to Florida multiple times. Great place for us snow birds to visit, especially your Gulf beaches. I could see living there if I didn't have to acually do anything that caused me to work. Too hot for me most of the time!

·
Super Moderator
9,188 Posts
Welcome from the lunatic state below you. Born and raised in Wis but then moved to find a job after school and then USAF. Now I try to keep from going crazy in this wonderful state. At least one thing Illinois can claim, "We have the best politicians money can bribe".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts