Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I live on a dead end street maybe like 6 houses total. Im cool with like 3 of the houses families and the other 3 not much. I want to have a community prepping group and get my niehgbors involved. I was wondering if there is a way i can tell them i prep or a way to bring it up to them?? All suggestions welcome ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would not want to let out your prepping to anyone until you know they are preppers also. You can get together for bbq's and such and talk about what is happening in the country today. Start out small and build up to it. You may want to say " what would you do if we lost our power for a few days or weeks" things like this you could get what their thinking s without letting out you are a prepper. If none of them are on board you don't want them to know what you ave for sure.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just be careful and weigh your words. You don't want them thinking your are one of these "nutty" preppers. OPSEC for sure until you know their views and then not so sure to show your preps at least never show it all.

·
Registered
264 Posts
No you don't care what they think but you don't want them all at your house if something does happen. I would not show or tell what you ave unless they offer theirs first. Or they tell someone else who tells someone else. Then even if someone looses their job with no food they remember oh yea I remember so in so telling me about his neighbor who is stocking food. So you come home one day to nothing but a ransacked house. You need to think ahead of the rest..... Just my opinion you can do what you feel comfortable with...

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Cautious topic. Obviously my family, immediate as in wife, sister, brother, are all "preppers" to one degree or another and know about what i store but no one else. I have discussed a little with a next door neighbor and as it turns out, they are preppers and are armed. But although he let me know, I didn't reciprocate much. With that said, if the SHTF, we be arm and arm, literally and figuratively.

Funny side note: my brother and sister have been at this for years and no one knew the other was "prepping". We are close but live in different parts of the country. Topic just never came up until I brought it up after hurricane Ike. Now we share strategies all the time. With recent events we talk all the time now.

Reactions: longrider

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Def i would not tell them my preps yet, no way in hell. For instance, i set up new security cameras outsid emy house one in front and one in back.. 2 weeks later my nieghbor goes" hey i see new cameras" i said yea you never know, just being safe" He like yeaa im thinking of doing it too

·
Registered
264 Posts
That was an opening to get your foot in the door. I would start talking to him but cautiously. See what his views are, is there house armed? Maybe you could invite him or his family to go to a shooting range and see his response. There are many ways to get information out if them without them realizing. Be careful when bringing your preps into your house if you do it unload in the garage.

·
Administrator
15,450 Posts
Mikey, you live in New Jersey. A hurricane just hit New Jersey, causing much destruction, power outages, etc. You could use this as a way to (carefully) begin to feel out your neighbors. They surely could relate to Sandy, and if they can't they may not be someone you could depend on anyway.

·
Administrator
15,450 Posts
Very few people have the ability to just pack up and move.
I was blessed to have been offered a chance to relocate after a corporate downsizing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think people don't think of things like this happening to them. Such as hurricanes, floods,tornado etc. I know that the hurricane even effected us here in Michigan. Several here were out of power because of high winds. We lost power 2 days in a row but not for long. who would ever think of a hurricane hitting Muchigan. We are no where near an ocean.
Mikeyprepper, at least you had your eyes opened and are getting your things in order. Just talk with the neighborhood guys and see what their feeling are. You may want to get involved with them and you may not. Try suggesting different things and get their reactions. Good luck...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts