Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Are you asking about doing it "today" using modern chemicals.... or how to do it post-SHTF?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I guess I made a rookie mistake I discarded the head so no brains.What would be another way?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I guess I made a rookie mistake I discarded the head so no brains.What would be another way?
Local butcher shop you can buy brain . There are lime mixtures If I am no mistaken but I have to look it up There are always more way to do it than one.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Acorns contain tannin.... You can leach it out... Boil down the water to concentrate it... And use that. Or... Just google natural tanning agents. Lots of plants are useful.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
SHTF we are going to need to relearn all of those skills if things go bad for an extended time. Salting hides words to dry them and prevent spoiling at first but how many of use will have that much salt around?
We know it can be done with out modern chemicals ,I am betting many way we need to lean them or at least have the information should we need it. It is a skill that takes time to prefect.
That is why this is a thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts