Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Interesting Question. There is an OB/GYN that is an avid shooter at our gun club, and very much against the Liberal agenda. Next time I see him , I will bring up that question.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Are you using insurance? It won’t be covered unless it’s a current treatment Rx. Smart Doctors are loathe to just hand out multiple Rx’s to anyone. They are responsible for the prescribing and treatment plan.

And don’t buy animal drugs. It’s a bunch of uncontrolled BS that people think work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you using insurance? It won’t be covered unless it’s a current treatment Rx. Smart Doctors are loathe to just hand out multiple Rx’s to anyone. They are responsible for the prescribing and treatment plan.

And don’t buy animal drugs. It’s a bunch of uncontrolled BS that people think work.
it would be cash and good advice

·
Registered
Bugging IN
149 Posts
I actually got the VA to do it by saying I was concerned with supply chain issues, traveling etc. They sent my scripts to local pharmacy where I paid @ $50 for 30-days' worth.

P.S. These were all regular meds, not pain pills etc.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Tell the Dr. you are going to a remote location for a spell. Also let the Dr.. know that if anything comes up you would call into them on a sat phone prior to using them.

Or order from Jase Medical if you are looking for anitbiotics. Pricey but easy peasy. Just placed an order last month.

No, I do not have any affiliation with the co just heard about them on CP and FSS

Godspeed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually got the VA to do it by saying I was concerned with supply chain issues, traveling etc. They sent my scripts to local pharmacy where I paid @ $50 for 30-days' worth.

P.S. These were all regular meds, not pain pills etc.
lol i need to stock up on bp meds
Tell the Dr. you are going to a remote location for a spell. Also let the Dr.. know that if anything comes up you would call into them on a sat phone prior to using them.

Or order from Jase Medical if you are looking for anitbiotics. Pricey but easy peasy. Just placed an order last month.

No, I do not have any affiliation with the co just heard about them on CP and FSS

Godspeed.
good idea

·
Registered
317 Posts
I told my doctor the truth: I pay cash for my meds as I have no insurance for that and I am tired of having to call every few months to get refills. "Can you write it so I can get a year's worth?" He said, "Sure." These are meds that I have taken for over 15 years, same meds, mostly same dose with an occasional tweaking for blood pressure control. The only catch to this is that I did this last May and now I have only about a three month's supply. I have to go in once a year for blood tests so I make the appointment about three months before the year is up. They write the new prescription then. Over a few years, you can get ahead.

·
Registered
12,501 Posts

Sorry but I believe your just plain wrong. It is the same stuff. And yes I have much education on the subject and write prescriptions for patients. Now sometimes there are small varroa rooms in name brand and generic. Just because it’s for an animal does not automatically mean it’s inferior and in an emergency situation it can and will work.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,680 Posts
Sorry but I believe your just plain wrong. It is the same stuff.
He is, and it is.

I have a bottle of "Fish Mox Forte" with me right now.
On the label, it states "Distributed by Thomas Labs".
What is Thomas Labs?
They produce USP quality, also known as "pharmaceutical grade", medicines.
"Pharmaceutical Grade is the highest quality substance used, products meeting this grade must be greater than 99% pure, and cannot contain binders, fillers, excipients, dyes or unknown substances." (source: Thomas Labs Product Catalog)
The pills in the bottle are identical to this: A 45 Pill (Blue & Pink/Capsule-shape) - Pill Identifier - Drugs.com
Not similar. IDENTICAL. Printed identifier and all.
The skeptic will surely claim that they are simply fakes. But why would a company selling pet antibiotics need to fake a human pill... for fish?
Also, any such fakery would be a violation of federal law Section 502 (Misbranding) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. They wouldn't survive a single court case.
If you think they're fake, by all means, take one and sue their pants off.

I won't be so bold as to say all non-human medicines are safe. That would be foolish.
But these are identical to human medicines because they are literally the same medicine.

Reactions: CC Pereira

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Not to mention there is a certain doctor on YouTube that has several videos on how it is the same medication.

Putz, if you don't know look up Doom and Bloom.

We will accept your apology now rather than later.

Reactions: Kauboy

·
Registered
13 Posts
He is, and it is.

I have a bottle of "Fish Mox Forte" with me right now.
On the label, it states "Distributed by Thomas Labs".
What is Thomas Labs?
They produce USP quality, also known as "pharmaceutical grade", medicines.
"Pharmaceutical Grade is the highest quality substance used, products meeting this grade must be greater than 99% pure, and cannot contain binders, fillers, excipients, dyes or unknown substances." (source: Thomas Labs Product Catalog)
The pills in the bottle are identical to this: A 45 Pill (Blue & Pink/Capsule-shape) - Pill Identifier - Drugs.com
Not similar. IDENTICAL. Printed identifier and all.
The skeptic will surely claim that they are simply fakes. But why would a company selling pet antibiotics need to fake a human pill... for fish?
Also, any such fakery would be a violation of federal law Section 502 (Misbranding) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. They wouldn't survive a single court case.
If you think they're fake, by all means, take one and sue their pants off.

I won't be so bold as to say all non-human medicines are safe. That would be foolish.
But these are identical to human medicines because they are literally the same medicine.
Kauboy is right. I have spent many hours researching this subject. Fish Mox / Thomas Labs is a great source for antibiotics. There meds are exactly the same product that your pharmacy sells you. If you want to broaden your stash, check this source out:

Buy Prescription Drugs Online | Order Cheap Prescription Drugs Without Limits (grantpharmacy.com)

They are a great source for Ivermectin as well as Hydroxychloroquine. In addition to having meds in hand, you must know what dosages are correct and when to administer them. So far as basic antibiotics go, these are the top seven that I would choose to have on hand in a SHTF situation.

1. Amoxicillin is the old standby for most respiratory infections (probably most of which are viral and don’t even require antibiotics). It is excellent for strep throat and some strains of pneumococcal bacteria. It is also safe for children and pregnant women. It is well-tolerated, causing little stomach distress or diarrhea. The drawbacks are that some people are truly allergic, and many bacteria have developed resistance to amoxicillin (especially staph) through overuse among both humans and animals. Anyone truly allergic to amoxicillin should substitute erythromycin or another antibiotic.

2. Cephalexin works on most of the same bacteria as amoxicillin, plus is stronger against Staph aureus, which mostly causes skin infections. It rarely works against MRSA (resistant staph), however. It is also well-tolerated in children and is safe in pregnant women, causing few side-effects. Like any antibiotic, it carries the risk of allergy. People who develop anaphylaxis (a life-threatening allergy) with amoxicillin probably should not take cephalexin, as there is a good 10% cross-reactivity between the two. If I had to choose between stockpiling amoxicillin or cephalexin, I would choose cephalexin. The combination drug, amoxicillin-clavulanate (Augmentin), is as strong against staph, but more expensive and harder on the stomach.

3. Ciprofloxacin is useful for anthrax (which I’ve never seen), urinary tract and prostate infections (which are very common), and many forms of pneumonia and bronchitis. One of the more important and selective uses of ciprofloxacin is in combination with metronidazole for diverticulitis. This potentially life-threatening infection usually (or at least often) requires two antibiotics to resolve. (Levaquin and Avelox are a bit stronger than ciprofloxacin and could be substituted for this, but are much more expensive.) Ciprofloxacin is not used in women or children unless the benefit clearly outweighs the risk, although the risk of joint damage (seen in animals) appears minimal. Taking ciprofloxacin by mouth is nearly as effective as taking by IV.

4. Doxycycline is useful in penicillin/amoxicillin-allergic adults for respiratory infections and some urinary/prostate infections. It is avoided in children and pregnant women unless the benefit
clearly outweighs the risk (of permanent tooth discoloration in children under the age of 8). Doxycycline is sometimes effective against penicillin-resistant bacteria. If I were limited to either doxycycline or erythromycin, I would choose erythromycin for stockpile.
5. Erythromycin is useful for most of the same infections amoxicillin is used for, and thus can be substituted in penicillin-allergic patients. However, erythromycin tends to cause the intestine to contract, often causing cramps or diarrhea. (This property is sometimes used to help patients with conditions that impair intestinal motility.) It can be safely used in children and pregnant women.

6. Metronidazole is an unusual antibiotic used for very specific infections. It is aimed primarily at anaerobic bacteria, primarily those found in the intestine. It is also used for certain STDs, including trichomonas. As mentioned above, it is very useful in combination with ciprofloxacin (or SMZ-TMP, below) for diverticulitis. It is the ONLY inexpensive antibiotic effective for Clostridium difficile (c. diff, or antibiotic-related) colitis. It is also effective against certain amoeba. This drug is not used in children unless the benefit clearly outweighs the risk.

7. SMZ-TMP is a combination drug of sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. The latter antibiotic is used mainly for urinary infections. The sulfa component is effective against many respiratory bacteria and most urinary pathogens, although ciprofloxacin is somewhat stronger. The main reason to stockpile SMZ-TMP is due to its effectiveness against resistant staph (MRSA).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m going to order from Jase medical as soon as the budget allows . My other concerns are other meds I take is blood pressure meds and one other medication.
I also want to get several hemostatic gauze & powders such as Celox,Quick Clot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts