Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is my delima, I really want to "show support" for the gun rights we are slowly loosing..Help me to "get more involved".
Is joining the NRA enough?
How do I write to my congress?
Anyone have the addressess and lists of congress?
I am currently looking to meet our local sherriff, he is pro gun.
Do I even count, as a single voice, will it make any difference?
I feel that I can do more, anyone?
Anyone feel free to pm also.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
VOTE, yes right every elected official be firm but respectful
A quick search will turn up a site for your state it will list all representatives and how to contact them
Get friends and family to do the same

Reactions: jc-hunter

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Is joining the NRA enough? No
Anyone have the addresses and lists of congress? contactingthecongress.org
Do I even count, as a single voice, will it make any difference? In theory, yes. But I would tell them I'm in an informal 150 person gun club.

Email is less effective than a written letter. Phone calls are less effective than email. (in my limited experience)

You need to be a registered voter.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Deebo - I think all of us feel that way sometimes. We want to help our cause soooooo bad and don't know what actions would give us "the most bang for the buck".

I've been writing letters and sending emails for a long time and many times I feel that my efforts are for nothing. I'm a life member of the NRA but sometimes I think the NRA is too big for it's britches and once in a while they hurt our cause more than help.

I try talking to others and trying to get folks who are of the same mind but I don't always know what to say. I think I may have offended some good friends with my pro-gun attitude. I don't mean to but they can easily take your intentions the wrong way and come off looking like a radical.

You study the candidates voting history and their feelings about our constitution - you vote for them - and they turn around and stab their constituents in the back. Or maybe they're all for gun rights and then you find out that they are also for an all-gay legislature or something stupid like that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's difficult to determine the best way to support the second amendment. Not only is it difficult but it's very frustrating.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
If you aren't writing your legislators right now you might be too late.
Obama has signed the UN gun grab and it is going to the senate next. You need to let them know that if they sign your rights away you will not support them.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I vote for every incumbent that votes for me. If they uphold their vow to protect the constitution then I want them to stay. I don't care what party they belong to.
I keep a list all year long and I write to all my representatives - often.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Bring home the pork! The real threat to the constitution and our rights are career politicians who are kept in place by major political parties. The re-election rate in congress is something like 98%. Most serve until they die or retire once elected. I never vote for an incumbent, not even for dog catcher.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
The NRA is the ONLY effective pro gun rights organization there is
Yes, the raise money, it takes a lot of money to lobby, bring law suits, and fight for our 2nd Amendment rights.
It is not expensive to join--
What are your rights worth?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Have you asked yourself why the recent improvements in gun right (Heller decision) was not initiated by the NRA and was actually hindered by the NRA? Do you know what Wayne LaPierre is making and what his retirement package will be?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I do not care what he makes. I only care what he does.

There are many millions of gun owners and a very few million NRA members. That is unbelievable.

You are not a member but you sure want the NRA to fight for your rights, correct?
Too many want someone to do the work while they contribute nothing.

Oh, and they whine about how much the ones who do the work earn.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Way back when, in an era where evil things that killed were still allowed in America, I was a member of various agencies and alliances that worked to further 2nd Amendment rights issues.

Along the way, I realized that:
1. We are no longer the America of Constitutional mandate.
2. Those agencies and alliances are now most likely being wiretapped by the tyrant coup government and used as a database of the most ardent supporters of 2nd Amendment rights.
3. That my use or possession of said evil killing tools was considerably problematic to the new tyranny.
4. That I did not wish to be among the first round of those targeted by the new tyranny.
5. So therefore, I have long ago absolved myself of tools of evil and association with ardent supporters of said tools.
6. And, yes, I am parsing terms.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
1) Please make sure everyone you vote for is pro gun. This means school board to president. If the person is like Romney, not perfect he's at least better than obama who is clearly anti.

2) Get to know your neighbors. Organize. Try to find at least one, then ask them to join you in finding another. The four of you each find a third - now you got 8 homes
all pro gun and when you get and election going for a pro gun candidate those 8 homes can demonstrate their support with yard signs. You know how effective a cluster of
yard signs can be? Seriously more effective then a TV spot.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.