Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4,692 Posts
My bank has alerts on my debit/credit card. Any out of state purchase, any check and any transaction over 100 sends me a text. Saved my tail once, when I had ordered a 12 volt plug in heater from JC Whitney, becouse the next day some company named British Airways charged $999. to my account, then hit it for 19.95, about 6 times, until my account was empty. The day all the bills were due. Bank of America temporarily froze my account, gave me 1200 in cash to pay bills and time to straiten it all out.
So, in answer to question, I hardly ever balance my checkbook, but I can usually tell you at any given moment, which check is clearing the bank, for how much and my account balance within about 30 dollars.
Anyone dumb enough to try to assume my identity would come running back, and tell me my credit is way worse than theirs....

· Registered
2,074 Posts
I'm in my 60's and have never had or wanted or needed a Credit card in my life, probably because I live a simple life, no car, no smoking, no drinking. If I want anything I just pay in cash at the stores, or use my Debit Card to buy stuff online.
I had this amusing dialog with my bank last year-

YOUNG LADY TELLER (smiling)- "We'll fix you up with a Credit card"
ME- "I don't need one, I've been using my Debit card just fine for years, so why do I need a Credit card as well?"
HER (in wide-eyed shock)- "Oh but everybody needs a Credit card nowadays!"
ME (smiling)- "But I'm not everybody"
HER- "Er...we'll fix you up with one anyway, you don't have to use it"

So I let her waste 25 minutes of her time doing the paperwork and computer entries to "fix me up", then when the Credit card arrived through the post i cut it up and binned it without activating it, just in case there were hidden charges and stuff in the small print..:)

· Registered
335 Posts
Checkbook? I haven't written a check in years. I check my balance two to three times a day. First paycheck is for mortgage. Second is bills etc. No need to balance anything. If is always the same within 10% or so every month.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.