Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

How much water do you have?

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Verteidiger 
#1 ·
I just crossed 60 gallons. I can add 190 gallons by filling my bathtubs. 250, but gonna keep going.

#4 ·
I just got a distillery and now I won't have to worry about fresh water ever again, maybe to have some on hand but there's a creek in the back yard and a pond past it. I highly recommend mile high distilling for your distillers, they have a great yield on them. Probably 3-4 gallons in about 12 hours.

#5 ·
Find out what your area's average rain fall is. Deduct 25% just because God will throw you a
curve ball and deduct 25% again just because. Calculate how much area you need to collect
what you need on an annual basis and storage for the same. Just because its rain don't
assume its ready to drink without filtration and treatment.

I found the roof of my home at my primary residence will provide more than enough for me
and my wife so long as I collect and store 120 gallons in between any rainfall. 3 - 55 gallon
drums and I'm set. I built 4 - 55 gallon rain collection stands out of brick with a barrel
hidden inside - they look great - and conveniently parked under windows I might want to
hide behind if I had to be on the look out and wanted cover. The key is a filtration system
and chemical treatment of the water.

As for the ranch we got lakes, streams, springs and if that isn't good enough we dug a
well.

#9 ·
Still need the hand pump for my well but I have 2 natural springs (ok water quality) and one which keeps a stream running 9 months of the year and we 2 ponds dropped along the way. If they didnt dry out in the hot summer Id put fish in them.

Plus I keep bottled water around. I do need a larger storage for a SHTF water storage.

#11 ·
Water we are good. One well at 8 feet prefect water the other 90 feet. Even in a drought year they do not drop more than a foot easy to hand pump water from if need be.

#12 ·
We have a well, and we can readily run it off from a generator. We also have a 1000 gallon farm nurse tank, with pump mounted on it. Their is a small artesion well on our property and a creek a 1/4 mile from the house that is spring fed. I am certain that we have this aspect under control. Unless nukes are involved.

#13 ·
If they come after me with a nuke I give up going out in a big ball of fire

#14 ·
Due to lack of storage space, right now, I keep it at a minimum of twelve to sixteen cases of bottled water, but hope to start on a project in the next couple of weeksd that will give me the room for a few extra cases.

#15 ·
I keep just four 24-bottle cases of bottled water on hand, but I buy more as a "weather-dependent activity"; I keep two 6-gallon containers empty so I can fill them quickly if something comes up (our fresh drinking water is gravity fed from a tower system).

I plan to buy an upgraded distillation unit like Leon has soon. That is the setup I want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.