Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello,
This is only a opinion but I would ditch the idea of the bladed weapon. Unless you have the training you will get killed! It is easy to stand behind a corner and stick the first guy but are you going to be able to collect yourself and get the second guy also. Have you ever been a all out brawl with multiple people? Most haven't and that's good nothing wrong with it. I would have to agree with the shotgun as home defense you dont have to get a huge 12 gauge tactical gun. A 4-10 is still going to burn someone's azz and they are light and easy to handle.
Pepper spray is expensive get wasp spray. See what happens when you spray that in someones eyes and mouth. LOL!
Someone made a good point about the beans and water. I never thought about it consuming my water to cook them. So what if you pre make them and can them. They are already cooked and ready to go. But I would see where they might take up more room though. Have you thought about maybe renting a small storage room somewhere on the outskirts or even closer and storing some stuff there. That might not be cost effective for you right now though. Just ideas. I'm sure if we all work on these problems together will surely come up with some solutions for everyone problems.
I have recently started caches around my area. I have got my home to the point I want it now I have got to get my on the run stops done. I have chosen to go with 5 gallon buckets with gamma seals. They will be easier to bury for me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yea I only mention the smaller shotgun because of the ease of handling. She has kids that are younger and they also could be trained on the smaller shotty. I remember trying to shoot the bigger guns when I was that age. Not easy.
I only mention the knife because of the attacker. What if they are trained in any kind of close combat fighting she is dead. Now if she had the training that is different. Raising kids I would assume the $$$ is tight so how can she get the training when she wants to get more food. I'm not trying to crap on your response they are very good points also. Believe it or not it is very hard to get your mind to the point of taking someone's life. Most people get killed with their own guns I can only assume the same would be with a knife. Most people have the flight in their mind instead of the fight. She will be thinking of her kids and is no use to them dead. Believe me if someone comes into my house when the shtf they will be losing blood. If you can get the training Get It! Find out how much it is in your area Miho hell maybe we get enough people on here to round up the funds and get you and your boys some training. I'm in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.