Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would like to apologize for all the ignorant youth out there, on like me there parents didn't distill respect and the fear of GOD.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hmmm.... I don't think I've ever even been to Michigan. Note to self... add "Visit Michigan" to "List of things to do before I die" list.

But... I think we have ill-manner youth in every state... it's more of a cultural thing. I'm mid-40's and find that many of my peers try to be "friends" with their kids instead of "parents" and as a result, many of the new "adults" didn't get the right lessons in manners. All of my friends constantly comment on how well mannered my kids are but turn around and tell me I have too many rules for them and that they need to learn life's lessons on their own. I keep my mouth shut and smile while silently thinking "if you actually acted like a parent and taught your kids, they wouldn't be doing X, Y or Z (I'll let you fill in the blanks)."

I was actually shocked a few years ago that one friend actually pulled me aside to criticize my decision not to let my younger teenaged daughter watch an extremely graphic R-rated movie after having sat and cried while telling me that her daughter was sleeping with her boyfriends son, who had driven to Denver and moved her (the daughter) out of a crack house in Denver... that her son had just come home from a 1 year tour in Iraq... and that the three of them (the daughter, her husband and her new lover... the boyfriends son) were all meeting to decide if the daughter would move back in with her husband or keep sleeping with the boyfriends son. Yeah... kind of convoluted. I was so dumbfounded... I actually told her I had to leave so I could go home and figure out some more things to restrict my daughter from watching so she wouldn't end of like her daughter. Well... needless to say... it took about a year before she spoke to me again. Sadly, I don't think she ever got my point. And now... this... umm... questionable young lady... has brought two children into the world... while her husband... is now the father of three. And yet... they are still married and still have no idea how to respect each other.

Wow... what a rant... not sure why that came out. Back to Michigan... seen pictures... looks like an awesome place to visit. And... possibly do a weeks-long canoe trip.

Reactions: jmh033089

·
Registered
238 Posts
Why am I not surprised? Where they from Chicago? Lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
No... California. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts