Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the internet and reading books for months. It's great to have the expert opinion and I'm glad I did it but I've learned more practical knowledge on Prepperlog in a couple of weeks than I have in months and months of research. I'm now much more confident that I will be able to defend my family and help them thrive when SHTF. So... What have you learned?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just having a location where we can all share and learn together will save all of use time and money. It has me for sure.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's about learning and sharing with like minded people. It is a great active forum, so when you post a question, someone will answer it. I have been on other forums where the posts are months to a year old and you just have to wonder if anyone is out there. Here, that is not the case. I love the activity of this forum! ::clapping::

·
Registered
104 Posts
Learning about "prepping" via Doomsday preppers can be a scary thing. Starting off with little to no knowledge, trying to think of what you will really need, and hoping you dont forget anything.. well.. its overwhelming to say the least. To the point my husband (I can see it coming), is going to say its obsessive.

Having found prepperlog, has actually calmed me down a bit in the sense that you guys are friendly, and extremely knowledgeable, and instead of feeling overwhelmed and alone, I can actually talk to someone, and get into discussions. Not the same as just watching the DP show.

I love this forum... there are things I have no clue about, so you wont see me post there, but that doesnt mean I wont read quietly. If I have a question, I have NO doubt that if I ask, it will be answered. :D

Thank you guys.. Keeping my family safe , fed and healthy is important to me... being able to access the collective knowledge of others in order to do this when SHTF, well.. to me its priceless.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I can't even put together a list of things I have learned, it's too comprehensive. I haven't even read the food procurement thread in 3 months (yeah I'm a bad Moderator, BACK OFF) and I'm sure there is a years worth of knowledge in there!

BTW I just got a new job, at Sams' club and am taking a pay hit, so I have to tone down my preps and make them really really count. hence my recent absence from the site!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new job. Hope it doesn't affect the Youtube channel. Gettin' a lot of gun knowledge from it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a great place...although I lurk more than post. I would really like to take some knife fighting classes and there is nothing by me that I know of. So you'll see me keeping an eye out for people posting their classes they take whether southernprepper1's classes to the one I'm looking to take.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
What we need is a PDF section of just downloads of educational materials like books on old farming methods, old medicine, wild edibles, basic mechanics, SERE training, army survival manual, SAS survival manual, counter insurgent techniques, OPSEC manual, 1892 farmers cyclopedia, ect. If survival sees this PM me, I have a few of these PDF files waiting. We could also use a 'REAL WORLD NEWS' section where authorized reporters can report openly about world events and be given a venue for their reports. I think these would be great additions, I would be the first signing up to do a nightly southeast US report.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Leon said:
What we need is a PDF section of just downloads of educational materials like books on old farming methods, old medicine, wild edibles, basic mechanics, SERE training, army survival manual, SAS survival manual, counter insurgent techniques, OPSEC manual, 1892 farmers cyclopedia, ect. If survival sees this PM me, I have a few of these PDF files waiting. We could also use a 'REAL WORLD NEWS' section where authorized reporters can report openly about world events and be given a venue for their reports. I think these would be great additions, I would be the first signing up to do a nightly southeast US report.
Excellent idea Leon!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Only been here a few days but I just can not turn this forum off
I tryed reading books and watching videos but here I get practical answers and multiple ideas to choose what works for me
THANKS SO MUCH AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts