Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts about storing the jars with sheets of bubble wrap between them in case of a earthquake came to mind tonight.

Anybody else have ideas or concerns (due to storage space, breakage, etc) about storing your jars and lids?

·
Registered
693 Posts
With food in them preferably.

Also most people think it looks stupid, but nail a small piece of wood on your pantry shelves to create a lip. That way if they do rattle to the edge, the lip will help keep them on the shelf and off of the floor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My personal preference is to use the box that I got my jars in, keeping the internal cardboard seperators in.
This keeps light from getting to the jars (Keeping things fresher longer), and stops breakage, don't forget to label the box with whats inside, coz its hell if you are looking for something and all your boxes look the same.
Keeping jars near the ground, with carpet on the floor, also I agree with acidlittle, bits of wood on the front of shelves helps.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I saw a youtube video, and she cut the cuff part off old socks and covered the jars. She also put a couple of rubber bands on the jars. It was enough to keep the glass from bumping together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts