Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Jason. I am new to this website, so if I mess anything up, please let me know (kindly :) ). I have spent the last few months researching bugging out, and think I have developed a good enough plan. I'm still getting a few things together, but I only have one major concern; how do you know when you need to bug out? I know that getting a plan together is very important, but no matter how much you prepare for what you think is going to happen, if it's too late to leave, you're going to be stuck with the rest of the population. Also, just grabbing your bag and hopping in the car every time you hear about something bad that might be happening isn't an option for everyone. What are we supposed to do when we bug out too soon and sh*t doesn't actually hit the fan? We're stuck trying to explain to our bosses why we missed a solid week of work without contacting them. There are a few events that could happen (like earthquakes or other natural disasters) where you immediately know that it is time to leave the area, but what about other major events? With major things going on, like this recent Ebola stuff, I don't believe you could determine the correct time to leave before it's too late. So, I was just wondering, is there any good way to be ahead of all catastrophes and save yourself before it's too late?

Also, this lead me to start thinking about putting together a website where people could check a few boxes and share everything they encountered during the day, and help everyone to know exactly what is going on, and where. If people could just say that there was a lot more military activity during the day, and many people reported that, it may be possible to know that something is up before everyone else knows as well. I'm not completely sure how that would work out, but it may be an option.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
when this forum is a ghost town, that will be your first indication! so check in frequently!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Minnesota.
Your question isn't a new one and probably one everyone wishes they had the answer to. Just think how prepped you could be if you knew that economic collapse would happen on the fourth of January.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
By definition, a SHTF event is going to happen so fast, it'll make your head swim. You'll know.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
We've pretty much agreed that shtf is going to depend on what is going on locally. For instance, ebola came within 50 miles of me, but there were no local cases. If I saw it spreading and it didn't seem that anyone official could stop it, then as soon as I saw the first local case spread, I'd be pullin' the chain and locking down. Sure I'd hit the grocery store on the way home, but the only one comin' through that door is my wife, me, and the granddaughter.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This all definitely makes sense, and I guess there isn't ever really a way to know until it's already happening. I'll definitely keep my car full of gas and my bags pack though. Thank you all!

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
i think the sheet will hit the fan when all the idiot liberals keep voting for democrats yet again..or maybe they are cheating. Who knows?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
<<how do you know when you need to bug out?>>

Edit: whoops! Sorry fadda! I forgot to put the one that has always been there first "when you see the sign of Daniel the prophet, the unholy thing standing where it ought not be, then haul ass, don't go back, don't look back because.." ok, I could not remember it all, but the "abomination of desolations" standing on the temple mound. Some think this might be a Catholic idol? Never really asked? But the temple mound battle last I heard was "catholics and muslims get their way" so? Bet they don't out it on tv... ;) but since things happen so surreal, wild and obviously on purpose mocking us I believe more than ever because any "lie" would be better and that's all we are getting from scum anyway, so gee, G-d wins by default.

Now back to things it is harder for them to hide no matter what gets "turned off" -

We do look for clues like rapid increasing presence of military vehicles, lotta cops all depts out driving around acting weird, white and black suvs all over the place, the Internet going down (one of those Honeywell people said "good morning. I wondered what it was because the Internet went off at 8 and didn't come back till just now")
The water cutting off or lights, but that's "it" so run.

This time it is already well known that there is a "no escape" effort and so it is worth driving out of town a bit to see what may be gathering for the "all at once" and being ahead of that. It takes at least 3 days after your town has an "obola patient!" for them to seem convincing so that would be something to stay on top of.
I believe psycho boy's executive quarrantine right out of your car order included flu - don't even need obola to get nabbed, just a cough that "could be" an infectious disease. Like telling some real diseases "open season" on people.
The same signs of the world getting within 100 miles of us is kinda what I look for.
I live in a state I think has as many military reservations as Indian ones, so if we see big movement any direction, we would say....if we are still allowed comm.

I really liked your idea of a situation reporting site that was "by, of, for" but alas, I have no computer skills.
Good luck and bright antennae to you, most things that happen? Hit here before the word gets out so it does help.
Sick-Joke2.jpg

Keep-Your-Pucker-Up.jpg

·
Registered
24,251 Posts
Some of us spend a few hours every day, reading global political/military situations as well as global economics. Even so, there is no way any of us can say when, exactly, bad times are going to come down on us.

Times are really precarious, nowadays. It seems so much of the world is balancing delicately on a string. All I can say is there is no day like today when it comes to preparing.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You will know. I use to worry about this but came to realize it will be very obvious. Lets run through some scenarios for fun.

EMP
If you read up on EMP, you should know pretty quickly when an EMP happened. Likely in this situation most people will not be aware for a very long time. I think the general public still has no idea what an EMP is.

Ebola or another pandemic
There will be a gray area for sure, but when you feel that it is at a breaking point time to go.

Economic Collapse
I think this is a very likely scenario but likely this will be a slow event. Yeah it might crash tomorrow, but things won't get too bad for week maybe months.

Nuclear Attack
Once it happens, get out. Who knows if more is coming.

Invasion
This one is probably depends where you are located and where the invasion occurs, but I would play it safe and go ASAP.

I think in any situation it will be pretty obvious for a prepper when to leave. But then again I heard stories of people bugging out of dallas when the first Ebola incident happened lol.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Its a good question, a really good one.
The answer might be too complicated.

First You need to study/scan your area, city, county, state, zone etc..to know what possible Natural Disasters might hit you.
e.g. a volcano. then study its patterns..think if it blows up, where will the ash, lava, flow..How much area will be affected by pyroplastic flow etc. so if you see, hear a slightest growl from the mountain..you should be in your SUV with family running away from it!!
Earthquake prone area, then know the geological landmass you are sitting on..e.g. in some earthquake , the landmass can actually sink in, crack etc.
similarly for other natural disasters. if you see...its raining for a long time...then beware for flash floods...and run away.

For say man-made disasters..you need a thorough map of your area. Mark the areas of muslims, blacks, freebies or riot prone sections of city..So you can know that with slightest lawlessness, these area are going to catch fire. Stay away..if you live in one such then is better to leave it for safety of your wife , children.
If you live near Chemical, Biological, explosive prone industry..mark it on map..and try to stay away from it as much as possible..e.g. if you live near a chemical industry and you hear a firefighter truck siren..its better to run than verify.
Similarly about hospitals or other religion installations etc.

next if you are living in a city which can be a potential target for russian, chinese nukes..you need to move as soon as war starts. (which i believe is due)

Atlast its about whether you are ready to take chances by staying put and also its about anticipation.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Where were you when the SHTS?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts