Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what does your screen name mean? how did you get it?

shotlady, i used to be a nurse, and be fond of shots and making sure everyone got shots, now im a damn good shot.
follows me everywhere! sportbike, prepper and mommy forums.
been called that for about 15yrs, labusas.org guys started it back in 97. (i wouldnt go there unless you have really thick skin)

·
Registered
103 Posts
my first name is john, my last name is griner, thus jgriner

Reactions: Not Crazy Yet

·
Registered
231 Posts
Its a physics thing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Google lattice field theory.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just newly created this user name to move away from one that has IRL name in it. I have begun to desire having more anonymity online so I made this username.
I don't really know why I chose this name I made it for a game username first now I'm using it here.

I've come to attach a meaning to the name though. I think that its related to firing a rifle and how a bullet can travel in an amazing arc to hit a target at a distance. The mathematics behind that shot is some harsh geometry.

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts
A long time ago I found an old english definition stating that an inceptor was a person who was always taking in or seeking knowledge. That was when I chose my screen name.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine, well, because like the name says, I'm not crazy yet. I came up with it because most of society thinks preppers are crazy, so even though I may have a bunker with a lot of guns and food to last me a few months, doesn't make me crazy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks
I am just a dumb ol alaskan country boy and now my head hurts
Oh I doubt that you're all that dumb. Lattice field theories are not exactly solvable, but they are of tremendous appeal,,,

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Administrator
14,856 Posts
I'm a Vietnam veteran, and the name comes from the lyrics of an anti war song from the 60's by what would now be known as an "alternative group" called The Fuggs. It has been my CB handle since the mid 70's, and I use it on most all gun/survival/prepping boards that I belong to. (Except for militaryfirearms.com, that's another guy.)
On history forums I'm Big Al, my Army nickname.
On veteran forums I'm 5thmech, my old outfit.
My avatar is the DUI (Distinctive Unit Insignia) of the 5th Infantry Division.

**Edited to add: my avatar has changed to the logo of Vietnam Veterans of America.**

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Long ago in a land far away, I was a illegal street racer. I street raced in Japan for the 12 years I was there. Street racing was huge there and often times there were 2000-5000 plus spectators a night in various spots of the Yokohama industrial areas. In Japan you generally form teams (more accurately groups usually of friends) and you reprisent your group/team when you race a bunch of other chumps from another group/team. Every team has a name, so I called the one I formed up with a bunch of Japanese Guys and a couple of Chicks and called the team Lunatic Fringe Inc. I raced a 1986 Skyline GT-EX, a 1992 Skyline GT-R (both set up for Drifting) and a 1978 Camaro with a 500 hp Lunati 406 set up to drag race. The name has just stuck with me through out the years much later on in life. Its a piece of their culture that just seems to shadow me to this day still.

BTW...Drifting in no way resembles what you saw in the Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift. Thats just Hollywood screwing everything up thats real again. Just saying...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh I doubt that you're all that dumb. Lattice field theories are not exactly solvable, but they are of tremendous appeal,,,
oh have no doubt

and it makes for some really big books as well I am sure lol

1 - 20 of 140 Posts