Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How China is enslaving the world: Beijing's ruthless leaders subjugate armies of foreign workers with opium, plunder resources across the globe - and now they've got Britain in their sights | Mail Online

With its gold leaf and marble décor, duplex suites, heliport and fleet of Rolls-Royces, the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai is hailed as the most luxurious in the world, a seven-star monument to wealth and extravagance.

To stay there will cost you £2,000 a night. Just to have dinner means parting with a huge deposit per person before you even get to the table. Nor can you simply wander in off the street into the lobby to gaze at the Turkish carpets and watch the fountain play - the Burj rests on its own artificial island.

So who can afford to stay there? Increasingly, the answer is the world's fast-growing army of multi-millionaires from China.

Three years ago, the Chinese comprised just four per cent of the hotel's guests. Now they make up almost a third. Not so long ago, one party from Beijing booked 50 rooms.

Their growing presence among the world's wealthiest is a clear indication that China's economy is not only on the march, but heading for worldwide conquest at a speed few of us can comprehend. Beijing's ambition is boundless. It readily seizes opportunities that others duck. For example, in Britain, China is believed to be on the verge of baling out our nuclear power industry.

Earlier this month, the gas giant Centrica pulled out of its 20 per cent stake in the Anglo-French partnership planning to build the next generation of nuclear power stations, at Hinkley Point in Somerset and Sizewell in Suffolk. China's massive state-owned Guangdong Nuclear Power Group is the favourite to step in and fill the gap.

Yet this is a nation which, less than 40 years ago, was a closed-off, paranoid, impoverished peasant country, ruled and ruined by Chairman Mao and his Red Guards.

Now - as the world's factory for every type of consumer product, and with its entrepreneurs and workers spreading throughout the globe - it is building up a huge and powerful economic empire, backed by the financial power of the world's largest currency reserves.

China's conquest of the planet, they now say, has entered its second phase - a gradual entry into Western markets

The statistics are mind-blowing. In a single decade, China has multiplied its trade with the rest of the world six times - up from £325 billion in 2001 to almost £1.9 trillion in 2010.

Since 2005, Chinese companies have invested close to £320 billion across the globe, three-quarters of it in the developing world.

Beijing - which governs a population of more than 1.3 billion - has also overtaken the World Bank as the biggest lender on the planet. This provides China with a lethal financial weapon, underpinning China's international diplomacy and global influence, and giving 'China Inc' - the triumvirate formed by the Communist party-state, the banks and the state-owned businesses - the ammunition needed to blow their competitors out of the water.

Urged on by China's arrogant, intransigent and secretive political bosses, they can do all this without being accountable to anyone.

No wonder many analysts believe that the future, whether we like or not, will be shaped not in London, Washington or Moscow but in Beijing. The tiger is no longer crouching. Claws outstretched, it's in the very act of leaping.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
We are in reality giving them the property, since China is buying up the property with printed out of thin air greenbacks.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Guess its a good thing I like chinese food!
Just kidding!
Yet I agree the chinese are on the path to superpower. I don't think they are as seamless a society as they project to the world. With wealth the developing chinese middle (working) class will demand greater freedom...and that could get interesting.

·
Registered
492 Posts
From time to time I see chinese produced food in dollar stores and even walmart. Understand that they liberally use toxic pesticides to grow pretty much everything, some of their foods contain petroleum by products as does some of ours. There was an incident in recent years where many babies died from being fed tainted milk. They ain't dairy farmers you know. Being asian I love the food I grew up eating here in TEXAS.
But how good can food be that has come here in a shipping container? And if I get sick? (and don't die) Who do I track down to kick the sh*t out of? I like the idea of eating foods and produce grow within 100 miles of where you live. Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess its a good thing I like chinese food!
Just kidding!
Yet I agree the chinese are on the path to superpower. I don't think they are as seamless a society as they project to the world. With wealth the developing chinese middle (working) class will demand greater freedom...and that could get interesting.
agreed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts