Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sense of Danger explores the previously unexplained phenomenon of how animals around the world use their innate senses to predict approaching disasters. This film produces evidence from looking at major worldwide disasters, including the tsunami in Thailand and earthquakes in San Francisco and Turkey. It also looks at the 1975 earthquake in China, the only major earthquake in history predicted by animal instinct – which saved 200,000 lives. Do our animal friends possess a special sense, well beyond human ability, that serves as an efficient early warning system in times of danger?
I'll never forget the time I was at the zoo with my baby boy, a girlfriend and her baby. We were at the sheep pen when an eclipse of the sun happened and the sheep went a little crazy, making a racket. The babies started to cry because of the sheep, so we took off. lol, it was pretty wild.

Anyway, I thought this might interest some here so I'm sharing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
It was 2 years ago, in November about 3:00 Am, my dog started to whimper and whine like she needed to go out. So I got up and let her out, she just stood in the door and barked. So i let her come back in. She got in her bed an whimpered all night long. The next morning I got up and Brandon had won the election.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wisconsin is not known for its earthquakes, but a few years back I was on the shower, and suddenly I had my German shepherd jump into the shower with me. She hates showers. When I got out here are my two terriers shaking just outside shower. The goats had brought themselves into the shed, which had never happened. I heard on the radio next day there had been a small earthquake.

But then I have always listened to animals. The crows and ravens will tell me where the bears, wolves, bobcats, fishers...predators back here. The blue jays call people on the drive and holes in the bird songs means canoers on the river. Living out in the boonies means I have to listen to the animals.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Semi related...

A friend of mine did a study on power lines and livestock.

They noticed that the livestock would almost always orient north/South while loitering and grazing, but when overhead power lines were strung over their pasture,they all started pointing In random orientations.

It is quite Interesting the things they're capable of perceiving that we can't.

Apparently, humans are still capable of some of them, but have become numb to it - for example humans supposedly can detect north with our noses, and this sense can supposedly be trained to some extent. How, i have no clue.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I heard, dogs seem to howl or bark before earthquakes hit. If the whole neighborhood dogs make a racket - might be one coming.
Earthquakes seem to be hitting a bit harder, magnitude-wise, these last few days in parts of the globe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Semi related...
Apparently, humans are still capable of some of them, but have become numb to it - for example humans supposedly can detect north with our noses, and this sense can supposedly be trained to some extent. How, i have no clue.
We all have a small deposit of iron on the bridge of our nose with nerve ending attached to it. With people who are not many generations removed from nomadic ancestors, these nerve endings still have a connection to a certain area of the brain. For most people, however, that area of the brain has been taken over by language skills, and the nerve endings to the rudimentary compass in our nose lead nowhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts