Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I truly beleave that 30 round magazine in a defense rifle could save lives yours and the bad guys.
In a home invasion situation home invaders tend to come in multiples 3 or more. When You know you are in trouble and being raided
rather than screaming "I have a gun" I think I would get my family behind me and just start spraying bullets everywhere. Maybe
even have a family join me laying down defense fire. Raiders come in pacts for a good reason it's safer for them to out number you
to take control or kill all of you. But if from the word go if you let be known that you are not at the bottom of the food chain I think
they would back off and look for easier pray somewhere else. The point would not be to kill them but rather to maintain your own safety
Of coarse if you dropped a few of them it would get the point across quicker. A burst of 100 rounds coming from two shooters would
give anyone second thoughts. ....... Thoughts? ........

I don't like to refer to my rifle as a "assault rifle" I bought mine for defense
A 50 or 100 round magazine would work well also

·
Super Moderator
9,646 Posts
You need to decide if you're using clips or magazines. The only clips I have seen hold 10 rounds each. 3 to fill a 30 round magazine.

To the other issue. If I tried the spray and pray thing, it wouldn't matter who was trying to break in. My wife would be pissed off.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I started deer hunting as a kid, I learned long ago how much space air and time is around an animal when you do not aim.

I am an increadable hip shooter, I have a gift.

Most do not have the ability to make good contact at reasonable distance with a rifle.

controlled fire contientiously placed rounds is the best way to go.

By your own admission they come in groups.

You do not want to spray 30 rounds, hit nothing, and be in the middle of a reload when you find the other two.

You should not expend more than two rounds on any assailant.

Aim moron, you could hurt some one or something unintended.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I truly beleave that 30 round magazine in a defense rifle could save lives yours and the bad guys.
In a home invasion situation home invaders tend to come in multiples 3 or more. When You know you are in trouble and being raided
rather than screaming "I have a gun" I think I would get my family behind me and just start spraying bullets everywhere. Maybe
even have a family join me laying down defense fire. Raiders come in pacts for a good reason it's safer for them to out number you
to take control or kill all of you. But if from the word go if you let be known that you are not at the bottom of the food chain I think
they would back off and look for easier pray somewhere else. The point would not be to kill them but rather to maintain your own safety
Of coarse if you dropped a few of them it would get the point across quicker. A burst of 100 rounds coming from two shooters would
give anyone second thoughts. ....... Thoughts? ........

I don't like to refer to my rifle as a "assault rifle" I bought mine for defense
A 50 or 100 round magazine would work well also
Don't know about you but if I'm shooting, it's to kill the enemy/BG not send a warning but to stop them, period. I'm not about spray and pray, it's to target the BG's and take them out and if they have time they can pray before they meet their maker.

·
Super Moderator
9,191 Posts
If your talking about normal daily civilian life, I would be very troubled at taking the life of anyone, even a home intruder. But IMHO if you don't remove the threat, it'll come back to bite you real bad. I've read newspaper stories in Chicago about an intruder who comes back after prison to exact revenge.

If your talking about A SHTF event, all you'll do is make them wait a day or so and come back with more looters or come up with some different method to defeat you. I firmly believe it is necessary to do what is necessary. And like all the guys have said, aim, aim, aim. Don't waste the ammo unless you are the military or DLS. They can afford it. We can't!

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
A 30/30 will take out the head ( toilet).

A friend moved out of a house by City Airport in DeToilet some 20 years ago.

We wanted to make sure squatters wouldn't move in, gunshots were common with folks shooting feral dogs. So we "Unloaded" on the house.

We read in the paper that a white couple was found in the dumpster dead 2 days later.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
First is, it's not how many rounds you send downrange. It's what you HIT!! Second is,, dead men can't testify!! Don't give someone a chance to come back and get you later or lie in court and possibly have you put in jail.. Make sure you put them in the ground. 'Yes sir your honor, I walked up and he was reaching for a weapon and I had to shoot him again..and again and again...."

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The best warning shot is the first shot... and it should go into the bad guy's head.

Reactions: Meangreen
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.