Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Horse meat found in BIO beaf foods "to many foods to list"

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  LunaticFringeInc 
#1 ·
Horse meat found in numerous beef products!!!! Give me a break. From Aldi to Ikea Germany and other countries are finding their suppliers of numerous beef products have been using horse meat. To make it worse most of the horse meat that was/is being used was old race horses “Full of Steroids and Medication”. I have seen the cases going back and forth for months now and to tell the truth I’ve unknowingly eaten it myself and it pisses me off to the core. This is just another case of me cutting the cord that bonds me to grocery stores.

There are so many other case out there, it’s hard to keep track of them now a days. Just the other day a major egg farmer in Germany was found guilty of sale of normal eggs labeled as BIO eggs. This may not sound that bad, but I’ve tried to raise my child to eat health and I’ve always tried to provide her with enough wild game and fresh caught fish for her to eat as I could. But sometime we have to go to the store for fresh groceries. This pains me to know that most of the extra funds I’ve given out to buy these items where nothing more than a scam. To make it worse when the government sues them they get the money unless you can prove it’s affected your life in some shape or form at the moment.

MOTS: I will start this spring to stock my families freezer and SHTF stock with fresh game and veggies as possible. I’m going to cut down on canned food and start jarring my own. From meats to veggies to Jams. 2013 is the year to start. I have enough guns and ammo to hold for 5 life times. I’m having a peppers meeting this Saturday and my fellow brothers “All former Infantry like myself” will start war gaming on how we are going to attack this. Enough is enough! Open to ideas and suggestions. I have a 3.7 acre back yard “Fenced in” with two fresh water springs feeding two ponds. One is full of trout and the other just got dug so once I set up the habitat at the bottom I will be stocking it with numerous other species. Come on SHTF!!!::rambo::

See less See more
#2 ·
would love to be self sufficient, but Im no where near that. With careful management and alot of hard work, It is possible that your land could sustain you, and the family. People have done it for centuries. Would love to find me a piece of land, and have dedicated my 2013 to fixing my credit, so that i can buy some land. Goodluck brother. also, dont know any numbers, or hard facts, but I know a friend down south that got huge tax breaks for being a tree farm. Having so many of a particular tree on his property. Might be worth looking into, but it also has to involve some beuarocratic stuff somehow. Just a thought. If the deer or squirrels start overpopulating your area, I would help.

#4 ·
I am not a vegetarian, I like meat. But humans do not need to eat meat to survive. Want meat protein? Get some laying hens and eat chemical free fresh eggs every day. That's what we do. Chickens will lay for about three years, then you hatch more and eat the originals.
At one time we had 50 hens, but at the rate of one egg every day or so that was too many for the wife and I. We are down to 9 now.
Got 15 more chicks coming from Murray McMurray hatchery next month and those will be our seed flock.
There is nothing finer than hour old eggs free from pesticides, growth hormones, antibiotics, etc. versus those that have been in the supply chain for a couple weeks and loaded with junk.

#6 ·
Oh man you aint kidding on those fresh morning eggs in the morning! Id have a dozen chickens in a heart beat if it werent for the screwed up Zoning Laws here! Been thinking about skirting that law and picking up 4-6 Khaki Campbell ducks from McMurry, getting my eggs and thumbing my nose at county officials. I just have to get them around Easter, build them a cute little "play house" buy them a Nemo kiddie pool and name each of them and call them "Pets" instead of live stock. Ridiculas aint it? I swear Politicians amount to little more than the ultimate carbon foot print!

#5 ·
A Horse is a horse of course of course a horse cant talk unless of course the Horse is Mr Ed. W-I-L-B-E-R!

Sorry man I had to show my age and go there. Damn I am getting old and it suxs!

I hear you and that had a lot to do with me getting into raising Rabbits. Since the Lake is in my back yard lots of Fish Fillets are on the menu here as well. At least this way I am saving some money and have at least a little control over what I am eating these days. The few times I do eat Hamburger, it started out as Brisket on sale as a "loss leader" item at the grocery store. Most stores that still have a butcher will grind up a on sale brisket for you for just 10 cents a pound and package it up in S1 or S2 trays for you. Its usually cheaper than the 70/30 garbage they pass off as Hamburger and just about as lean as the 90/10 Ground Round. At least this way I know Mr Ed or Sea Bisquet aint part of the menu!

#8 ·
Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine. We start building on the 23rd of this month. Any recommendations on breed? I know I can google it, but I want some first hand experience from my fellow preppers. I live in South West Germany. We get 3 seasons! Winter, Spring and Fall! I do have live in the country with some what of alot of foxes. I will be getting two geese to assist them buggers in staying out the pin along with my numerous 22, 17HMRs and Mathews Helim I think I got that covered anyway. So I know the pin will have to be built to protect and house numerous chickens. I have some ideas on the design. e.g. External openings to collect eggs and maybe two windows. What's a good number to start with. We will have 6 mouths to feed and I can sale the extras to the heighbors with no problems. Any assisatnce is much apreciated.

#10 ·
Our homestead backs up to hundreds of acres of woods. There is a large tree farm 200 yards down the road as well, and other woods all around. We have plenty of predators to deal with - foxes (red and gray), coyotes, racoons, possums, hawks, owls (real BIG owls) skunks, bobcat. Not to mention feral dogs.Our chicken yard is 40 X 60 feet, and it used to be enclosed with chicken wire. Inside that were my home built hootches made of 2X2's, plywood, and 1/2" mesh welded wire.
We lost birds to predation fairly regularly.
My system now is: chicken yard enclosed by 6 foot chainlink fence instead of chicken wire. Inside that are DIY dog kennels (Home Depot, Lowes) that are also 6 foot chainlink with flat shadecloth tops for extra security and peaked tarp roofs for weather protection. Inside THOSE are my home made hootches that the birds are closed into each day at dusk. During the day the hens can be let out to roam about the large area.
We have not lost a single bird since we went to this system 6 years ago. Not one. And every evening the red foxes come out to play and hunt in our back pasture. They are kinda cute to watch now that I don't have to worry about my birds.
For a good over view of all the breeds, plus a forum, go here Raising BackYard Chickens, Build a Chicken Coop, Pictures of Breeds
For another forum I find to be better go here Chicken Forum

Have fun.

#12 ·
Right now we have Auracanas and Buff Orpingtons. We have also had at one time or another Welsumers, Marans, Faveroles.
We have on order more Auracanas and we are going to try some Barred Rocks.
Although roosters are not needed for egg laying, if you want to keep your flocks regenerating they are. Plus they keep the ladies happy and alert me when somethings just not right out there in chickenland. We cull the roosters and get rid of the aggressive ones. (a .410 loaded with Winchester OOO buckshot and they don't flop around like they do for head shots with a 22:shock:)

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#15 ·
There is no comparison of store baught eggs to fresh eggs. And, it is totally awesome to see fish rolling on top of the water, so thick you could walk on them. I used to repair air agitator motors for catfish ponds, and have been to a hatchery in Durango, and watching those fish tear up the feed at the feeders was fun.
Jaeger- man I would love to go to Germany, becouse my grandma is from there, but with my schedule, until I find a job in Alb, Im stuck this summer. (seven days a week, 12 hours a day). check your inbox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.