Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Now CA will Tax it, then fine them for it and force them to remove it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Most people have no ideal how prepared the government was in the 60's and 70's. Many building had fallout areas set up, and in Louisville Ky they had an stocked underground area for 50,000 people. There probably was a lot more cities with the same thing.

·
Registered
938 Posts
So you descend down the rusty ladder of a nuclear fallout shelter built by a nuclear engineer to survive a thermonuclear exchange.

And you find: water - check; clothing - check; medicine - check; TIN FOIL - oh heck yes now we are talking...!

See, no one on this forum needs to worry anymore - if this guy felt like tin foil should be in his fallout shelter, then the rest of the world does not understand - TIN FOIL is what you want in post-apocalyptic situations.

We have all been vindicated.

Cool find. The ultimate prepper man-cave!

·
Mod Squad
2,262 Posts
Wow, how cool is that?

I would have to eat some of the food, just to see if canned goods really have that long a shelf life. Little bites though, no 8 course meals.

·
Registered
938 Posts
This story made the national news. The shelter was in very good condition - the guy even used galvanized steel on the access ladder.

The food and pantry supplies looked brand new. Reynolds Wrap and Saran Wrap looked like it just came off the shelf.

I would be very happy to find a home for sale with such a well built shelter, really. Nice!

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I would have told the reporters "I don't know what you're talking about, sorry" and closed the door. There as some things you just don't want to draw attention to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts