Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious. Everything I've heard is DO NOT let anyone know where your bunker/homestead is. But why not set up a whole community of people helping each other out? Maybe not a whole community. But why not have your homestead next to others of like minds? Wouldn't it be more advantageous, at least, defensively wise?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think the hard part would be finding people you could trust.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I was just curious. Everything I've heard is DO NOT let anyone know where your bunker/homestead is. But why not set up a whole community of people helping each other out? Maybe not a whole community. But why not have your homestead next to others of like minds? Wouldn't it be more advantageous, at least, defensively wise?
It is a good idea as long as you have a good group of people that trust each other but you have to have a set of rules for everyone to follow. Even though a lot of us have the same mindset, we are still different people. I have even thought about starting a group on my property as well. You can't do it alone for any length of time and it is best to have a community of some sort. It just depends on what you want..

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
HuntingHawk is correct. The advantages is sharing the work load, expanded knowledge/skill/experience base, and the additional security/firepower and mutual support that a small community would provide. The disadvantage is possible personality conflicts, possible supply shortages, and the heightened local pandemic possibilities. Personally, that is the route that I would choice, composed primarily of family and friends, but I am well aware that you will still have to be very selective of who you allow to join and have strict rules of responsibility and behavior.

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
The Cherokee Nation had a triad of checks & balances. Thomas Jefferson used that as a bases for our constitution. Now, if you set up a triad & each had three voting members it would even be a better system of checks & balances.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
yep I agree, it's all about numbers and support

this opens up a completely new set of issues tho, social mainly, having the supplies, then who's responsibility is it??

I personally would love to see "prepper social clubs" start up, there are a couple in the states, don't know the quality tho, and there is a fine line between being a prepper and being a nut... (some preppers have long crossed that line)

i see where your coming from... personally start with close friends and family, then they will want their friends and family involved to... so play carefully... or you will end up with a unmanageable group... this is also part of the opsec issue...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Big advantage would be the various skills. Disadvantage is going to be personality clashes.
I don't see the advantage.

Most "skills" are bookkeeping and convience store clerk and salesman.

I rarely find people that really know how to work with their hands.

Reactions: Go2ndAmend
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.