Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Home Defense!!!

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  RaigenB 
#1 ·
Ok again correct me if I am wrong. I didn't see a topic on home defense. I recently came across the book Your Home, Your Fortress. Anyone have this one? Anyway it made me realize what about the people that are just going to dig in for what ever reason. No where else to go, attached to their stuff, etc. You have to prepare your home for attacks. I will consider ordering this book if it going to be a interest for others also then we can share the knowledge.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I agree! Depending on the situation and why they are evacuating I have a safe room that they wouldn't be able to find me hiding so yes my house will be my first plan A. I am broke this week but will see about ordering this book next week and will gladly share with everyone here. I'm in the process in getting old Rose bushes from flooded out houses that have been scheduled to demolish and putting them by my first floor windows. That is a start anyway.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
You know Dreams I thought about the fire situation also. What would I do? This is where my head is on that. Installing a sprinkler system that aims at the house and have a switch for it on the inside with me. Maybe put some extra sprinkler heads aiming outward also to maybe keeping them from lighting anything else. I know if I ever sell this house someone is going be like what the hell was this guy into.Lol!

Discussion starter · #8 ·
One thing you guys that are in apartments might consider on your defense. Figure out what is on the other side of the wall. Does it go into another apartment? Say everyone leaves except you. You then have the entire level to yourself punch holes into the walls and have free travel among the whole floor. Plus I would assume elevators are shut down so the only door you have to worry about is the stairs and maybe fire escape. Both very easy to defend and set early warning systems. If some of your neighbors decide to stay get them on board with the plan. This technique worked for the gangsters in Chicago in the Caprini-green complex they would shoot cops and when they came to get them they would run through the walls and when the cops made it to the area they would already be gone and down the other complex and vanish. Just something to consider. Good Luck.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
If and that is if anything goes down I would use these people to your advantage. Never let them know what you actually have to begin with. But play the Alpha role and be their commander. Use them for your warning system, food runs, and such. I would study them find out who would listen to you and who wouldn't. The ones that wouldn't get them out. The one that like to play boss but can't actually be boss make them boss of certain task but answer to you. I don't know I'm just talking. I have most of my neighbors figured out. Just something to else to figure into your plan.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Yea I don't see them being any use. LoL! Rent must be cheap? You could always stick a rag in their backside and light on fire and use them as a Molotov cocktail. LoL! Just kidding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.