Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nope, not in the wrong section.
Shoots just picked me up a new knife, and for what it is, it's awesome. It's rare to find budget cutlery this sharp out of the box, or at least such has been my experience.

20150524_190119.jpg
20150524_190739.jpg

That's "rite in the rain" paper, it's heavy.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I find that the knives I spend $50 and above for are razor sharp. Found out the hard way when I accidentally cut myself with my victorinox swiss army.
Its nice though where'd you find it?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find that the knives I spend $50 and above for are razor sharp. Found out the hard way when I accidentally cut myself with my victorinox swiss army.
Its nice though where'd you find it?
Shoots spotted it at National Outdoors, a surplus chain store. She picked it up for under $20, so I am impressed and pleased.

I've never had a sharp swiss army knife. Always had issues sharpening/keeping them sharp. Lucky you found a good one.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The victorinox's are good. The swiss knife that is actually made in Switzerland. I tend to sniff out value over profits. I first heard of them because I had one of their swiss watches.

$40 plus shipping. Your milage may vary. But when I cut myself it was like a deep paper cut.

Amazon.com : Victorinox Swiss Army EvoGrip S18 Swiss Army Knife : Sports & Outdoors
I've had 5 or 6 over the years, actually just discovered one in my drawer about a week ago, no idea how it got there, and Shoots is determined to make it a razor blade. I just smile and nod... Yes Dear

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
nice knife, I have had 2 swiss knives a army one (the little blade was as sharp as a razor) and a Rostfri with a 7 inch blade that I traded my chinchilo and I carried it active duty for 14 years untile I replaced it with a mullela for the rest of my service time. still got those knives but now I carry a Mora most of the time.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Not a big Knife person. We visited the Smoky Mountain Knife works early in the month. There seems to be a lot of fair priced really good knifes out there. Just received their May catalog in the mail. Enough to interest even someone not really into knifes that much.

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
One Christmas we gave Son 1 a nice Benchmade knife. Sumbitch was S-H-A-R-P. So we go over to my sister inlaws for dinner and Son 1 shows Uncle Dipshit his new knife and Uncle D promptly slices his hand up! Hilarious. Then the dumbass couldn't get it to stop bleeding and being so unprepared for LIFE Uncle D had nothing to stop his hand from bleeding. So I found some super glue in my truck and he patched his hand up. Fond memories...

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a cousin Dipsheet! Maybe we're related!

Reactions: Slippy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts