Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
15,775 Posts
We have a small farm, the wife (retired from a "real" job) is the farmer. I'm the builder, fixer, mechanic, painter, etc, besides having a full time job in the city.
My hobby, time permitting, is the study of military history. Especially WWII. I read every evening, and will have 3 or 4 books going at the same time. Right now they are the memoirs of a Russian on the Eastern Front, a US Marine in the Pacfic Islands, a soldier with the 5th Infantry Division (the best dadburn outfit the Army has ever had:mrgreen:) fighting thru France, and a study of the Pacific campaign in the Mariana Islands.
I also belong to a half dozen history forums.
Of course, it goes without saying that as a certified gun nut I have coupled my "collecting" with the history bug.
I mean, why have an AR when the same money can get you a US Rifle, Cal 30, 1903A3, made in 1943?;-)

· Administrator
15,775 Posts
Me too, i've got all the time in the world since I retired and am in a few military discussion forums, some good, some not so good. (If you know any good ones I could try, please let me know)
Here you go -
Historum - History Forums Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History World War 2 Talk - Powered by vBulletin
WW2 Forums MilitaryHistoryOnline.com/ Great War Forum
From the German point of view - Feldgrau.net ? Index page Axis History Forum ? Index page
Reference - World War II Database: Your WW2 History Reference Destination War History Online ? One stop resource for all military history and news

I am, variously, rice paddy daddy, Big Al, 5thmech.

Reactions: Lucky Jim
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.