Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,211 Posts
Church Pastor, . . . shooting, . . . reloading, . . . hunting, . . . leather working, . . . and will be building my very own little forge hopefully this summer, and getting into blacksmithing as another "hobby". No farrier work, mind you, . . . blacksmithing.

May God bless,
Dwight

· Registered
4,211 Posts
That sounds awesome. Do you have any pictures?
Kpharr, . . . this youtube video is where I got my idea, . . . just google "youtube: large brake drum forge" and the one you are looking for will also have Crawfordsville in the title. The beginning of it shows a little brown weiner dog running around in the yard.

It is also 3:55 in length.

I'll be making mine more or less just like his, . . . except I'll have wheels on mine to take it in and out of the shed. One of the serious bad things that happens to many forges is they get involved in rain on top of coal and burned coal/coke, . . . which leaches out some sulpher compound that becomes sulfuric acid, . . . which eats the bottom of the forge up.

So mine will have wheels to go back into the shop with, . . . to keep it out of the rain.

To JPARIZ: one of the best Halloween "jokes" I ever heard was done near here by a teenage boy who was the butt of every joke played by his older sister and her gang of friends. They wore the poor boy out.

He started by taking some older clothing of his dad (a little bit larger than him but not much) and making a straw dummy with the typical dummy head made of a pumpkin, . . . carved to look like some kind of monster. It was put off to one side of the front porch on a chair, . . .

On Halloween night, . . . his sister took off, . . . and he promptly became the straw dummy. When his sister and her gang came up to trick or treat, . . . he chose the opportune moment to do the "Grrrrrr, . . . growl, . . . and stand with outstreched monster arms", . . . and you guessed it, . . . the girls were scared into next week. Nobody got hurt, . . . just changed some underclothes, . . . and apologized for the "every girl for herself" exit they made off the porch.

I still think of it and smile every Halloween.

May God bless,
Dwight

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.