Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Shane, former military and just getting started in prepping. Looking for advice, help and most of all other people who are like minded in my area. I am from the Tampa Bay area.

·
Administrator
15,411 Posts
Welcome from North Florida, and thank you for serving our country.
I was Army, 1967-1970

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Follow up dumb question...

I have been to Tampa a few times - mostly around the Raymond James stadium area. I generally liked the area but I noticed you people have more strip clubs than any town I have ever been in! Doesn't anybody down there wear clothes?!? :p

·
Administrator
15,411 Posts
Follow up dumb question...

I have been to Tampa a few times - mostly around the Raymond James stadium area. I generally liked the area but I noticed you people have more strip clubs than any town I have ever been in! Doesn't anybody down there wear clothes?!? :p
Dale Mabry Blvd, down by McDill airbase, is a crazy place on Saturday night.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My name is Shane, former military and just getting started in prepping. Looking for advice, help and most of all other people who are like minded in my area. I am from the Tampa Bay area.
Howdy from West Texas,

Welcome to APN - hope you'll find everything you're looking for. We've been prepping for a better future for over 12 years and for us
each day does look brighter.

It's been our experience to learn and benefit from others who have come before us. It is our secret recipe for avoiding the mistakes
and pitfall of others. Learn, practice and perfect your skills. I hope to see many post from you so that we can benefit from you as
well.

Hope for the best and prep for the worst! This requires making plans and re-evaluating those plans (from time to time). Now is a
better time to start than any.

I would start with preparing or prepping short term i.e. 90 days to 6 months. Store the food that best suits your family. Have emergency medical items on hand. I would definitely have a 72 hour Bug out Bag (BOB) for each member of the family. A very good water filter. I recommend Berkey Water Filter. Spring is coming soon and I would be growing and or learning to grow a full fledged garden. Garden isn't all about just putting seeds in the ground. There are so many factors that you have to consider and this will be especially important if/when there isn't any food in the grocery stores or markets. If your community zoning laws permits it I would be raising or learning to raise rabbits and chickens.

This list goes on. If you like you can PM privately for more advice and support.

Warmest regards,
Troy B

1 - 14 of 14 Posts