Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

First of all, let me say that we're trying like crazy to get our ducks in a row so we can move full time to our little slice of heaven in Missouri. As it is, we spend about half the year there between the two of us. Unfortunately, with a business to run at home, its not very common that we get to together for any length of time. We have a nice little lofted cabin that we've been working on for several years. It has a nice kitchen corner, bedroom area and little woodburner. We've got plans for goats and chickens and even rabbits. our huge garden is in Illinois and I can the surplus. We're going to miss the lovely fertile soil when we move to Missouri. Our property is in the Ozark mountains consisting of clay and more clay with lots of rocks. We have a 100' monopole ready for someone to help us put up. We're going to need a crane for it. Then we can get our wind turbine up. Right now it sits in storage...

We have a good start with our BOB's always loaded in our trucks with enough fuel on hand to get us there from Illinois. Worst case scenario - we hike it. That would be awful but doable in about four months give or take. Luckily, my brother-in-law bought the acreage next to ours and lives there full time. He watches out for our place and is always glad to see us. He lives totally off-grid also. Our good friend, also purchase a few acres on the other side of Les (<-- brother-in-law) so she can start putting together a BOL, too. We're starting to get a nice little community established.

So anyway, hi. Glad to receive such a warm welcome.

·
Administrator
14,702 Posts
welcome from Florida

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here with us all. You sound like you got a rock solid plan going. While its a lot of work now it work that will be a good investment in your future. Keep it going!. Hope to see you around and see you often!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts