Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum, and I would just like to say hi to everyone.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I should tell you a little about myself. I am extremely proficient in hunting, fishing, and practical woodland survival, as I have been an outdoorsman since I was very little. I am also a trained electrician, and can offer up advice on solar photovoltaic systems, and other alternate energy systems, as well as any automations that you might dream up. I consider myself a "practical prepper" and haven't made any drastic changes to my lifestyle, or my family's, but I consider myself as making practical preparations for any coming catastrophes. My biggest worry is economic collapse, and my "end of the world" involves the U.S. government running out of money to give to the welfare leaches, and then their riots and lashing out against anyone, and anything in retaliation for not getting their free lifestyle.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I guess I should tell you a little about myself. I am extremely proficient in hunting, fishing, and practical woodland survival, as I have been an outdoorsman since I was very little. I am also a trained electrician, and can offer up advice on solar photovoltaic systems, and other alternate energy systems, as well as any automations that you might dream up. I consider myself a "practical prepper" and haven't made any drastic changes to my lifestyle, or my family's, but I consider myself as making practical preparations for any coming catastrophes. My biggest worry is economic collapse, and my "end of the world" involves the U.S. government running out of money to give to the welfare leaches, and then their riots and lashing out against anyone, and anything in retaliation for not getting their free lifestyle.
Welcome to the board.. I'm sure you will find a lot of good info and everyone is very helpful... What part of Fl?

·
Administrator
14,693 Posts
Welcome from North Florida.
I grew up and lived for many years in Palm Beach County. The 50's thru the mid 90's.
"Very near Lake Okeechobee" covers a lot of area. Clewiston, Belle Glade, PeeHokee. I used to spend some lazy afternoons fishing at the locks at Port Mayaka.
In the 70's I ran a paint delivery route all around the Lake. Moore Haven, Lakeport, etc.
I used to stop at Pioneer Growers near Belle Glade and pick up bushels of corn for $6.:D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
LOL, lets say that Port Myaka is VERY close.
Must be Pahokee or Indiantown....lol I have spent many days fishin on the Big O.. I remember Port Mayaka before the new locks and the big bridge got there...I still have some very close friends in Chobee..

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure was quieter back then. Yes I am a lifetime resident of Indiantown. I liked it better when I was a kid. Now, not as much.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Sure was quieter back then. Yes I am a lifetime resident of Indiantown. I liked it better when I was a kid. Now, not as much.
I know what ya mean.. I have been thru Indiantown thousands of times goin from Okeechobee to Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale.. Nice little place..Used to eat at the Seminole Inn and the little cafe next to Circle K quite a bit.. I never understood why they call it Indiantown though.. I always thought it should be called Gautamalantown..lol

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
Welcome to the nicest little community of online preppers you are going to find.

A Laurel, and Hardy welcome from Southeast Alabama.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hello from Minnesota

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Ok, sorry to be Snarky but you have said 3 things about where you live and I still have no idea about where you are.

Here in the USA we say State and City

This reference to county or general area are not going to cut it for me.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Welcome aboard. It's okay to use a general area to say where you're from. Western Montana is a general area....MR is apparently cranky tonight. Have fun in here. I think you'll like it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome from NE Florida. Away from that damned mouse!

There's some good folks here and tons of info.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts