Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forums, I just signed up. I'm completely new to prepping too, so hopefully you veterans can put some wise words of encouragement in for me. I've been interested in prepping for quite a while but I haven't managed to find a starting point. I'm from the UK, the land of no guns and worthless police. The absence of justice in law here has encouraged me to take my future into my own hands. With any luck I'll find an active and pleasant community here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone! New to the Forum, fairly new to prepping. Looking for any insight from Parents of large families. I have 6 young children and am looking for ways to prepare without breaking the bank!

·
Super Moderator
9,244 Posts
Welcome to you both.

The best advise I can give is go slow and pick up a little extra of what you would normally use and cycle through it. 1st you will notice that you have an extra couple of days then a weeks worth and it will grow.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I am new to the forum as well. But I do have a little experience with the whole prepper thing. My wife and I have gone with the general rule of: "go with what our grandparents knew". If it was a skill they had or knowledge they knew, we learn it. From what I can tell in the short time I have been reading this forum, it is a spirited group with very definite opinions but also very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Lots of good info and lots of advice everyone can use here. I believe we even have a few members from the UK here and that should prove extremely helpful to you and the unique challenges you face due to your location. At anyrate, hope to see you around and see you often!

·
Administrator
14,895 Posts
Welcome from Florida from you both. VFMA1995, does your user name have anything to do with USMC avaition?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everybody here seems like a friendly bunch. I'm happy to have registered. The last site I joined, wow, what a bunch of *****.

@LunaticFringeInc

Unique challenges is right, I've visited your state and your relaxed approach to weaponry and firearms, whilst the subject of much controversy lately, is much preferred to the UK's insanity towards anything resembling a functioning weapon.

·
Administrator
14,895 Posts
We have good moderation and administration on this board. Trolls, losers, wackos, creeps, etc are shown the door ASAP. Not only do THEY disapear, their posts do as well.
Leon is The Man.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Welcome, get used to my lists and you will get golden hehe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts