Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,639 Posts
Basically, we are at war. First thing? Cut off lines of communications.
Shoot, move and ######### doesn't work as well.
This thread, a youtube video and watching what people are saying made me realize something, we are at war.

This is a war of control of the future of our country. We are losing the ability to debate and be civil. We have divided into factions. Folks who were in the middle are being pushed into one camp or another. Society is seeing to that.

I really now have no idea if Antifa was leading the charge yesterday or not. There is a lot of doubt by people I have come to trust. Were they there, I have no proof but I do believe they were. Still, the reason many followed is because they have had enough. People are pissed. For a long time we the people have been told we are evil and not woke. We have been told we are the reason for the worlds problems in a nut shell. Then came the lock down. Businesses were forced to either shut down, in the case of many small businesses, or go to minimum capacity productions. Many farmers had to cull their herds, let their crops die in the field or just dump them. While small business dies and many working folks are laid off, corporate profits have climbed due to online purchases because there is no where else to go. It doesn't take many employees to fill orders and ship them. Half of that is probably automated anyhow.

With businesses shut down and people unable to feed their families or pay their bills, frustration deepens. Then we are told by the incoming administration that we can look forward to a further tightening down on the economy because of the virus. Evidently the 3-4 week shut down to flatten the curve has been extended. Maybe indefinitely it seems. It affects small businesses more than the corporations. But even they are working with minimal staff. Many are homeless yet you hear little about that. Families are going hungry. The MSM does post pictures of ridiculously long lines at the food banks. The local news usually has pleas for more food donations. Yet the call for a stronger economic lock down continues.

There is a mass demoralization going on and it's working. People who had never considered violence now are. They see the rioting, looting and burning. They see local businesses put out of business due to "peaceful protests". Entire city blocks burned to rubble. People are beaten and shot. I still remember the story of a 77 yr old retired cop, working as a security guard who was shot in the back of the head. Not one cry of outrage. It didn't even matter that he was a black man. There is a call to defund the police. In Texas the governor has stated he will withhold tax money if any city tries to defund the police. Yet Dallas has found a way around that. No new hires, no OT for existing personnel and no replacements when people retire or move on. I imagine other cities are doing that too. We the people are being told we are not worth protecting. One state senator here purposed a bill that stated if someone broke into your house, you have a duty to retreat. This is Texas and that will go over like a lead balloon. Yet this is how the left sees us. Livestock to be culled.

It's no wonder why yesterday happened. I'm damn sorry it did but the frustration is deepening. Election fraud was in the open. Numbers changed on TV in the blink of an eye. Trump dropped over 100k votes alone in one place and the drop happened on screen. This election cycle people were shown their votes really don't count.

I could go on but I won't. The point I'm making here is we need to stop the bickering and focus on surviving. We are preppers. We are also a community that helps each other. I feel a :vs_poop: storm coming. Lets get back to what we do best.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
First off, why don't YOU tell us all when it is time to make an unarmed statement. You seem to know when it is time for people to die while not offering violence.

Second off, we are a nation of laws? Really? Ya being paying attention? No. Law means nothing.

By the way; the correct verbiage is nation of law. Not "laws." Damn, I grow weary.
Don't wrap yourself in the Constitution. It obviously means nothing to you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The day may come when we need to storm the capital but we're not there yet. And it sure as hell wasn't last Wednesday.

If, God forbid, it ever comes to that I hope we do it in a well disciplined, well planned and well executed manner with a clear and righteous goal. Not like the antifa/blm style goat rope we saw on the 6th.

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
The day may come when we need to storm the capital but we're not there yet. And it sure as hell wasn't last Wednesday.

If, God forbid, it ever comes to that I hope we do it in a well disciplined, well planned and well executed manner with a clear and righteous goal. Not like the antifa/blm style goat rope we saw on the 6th.
The time past us a long time. Now, it is clear that "voting" means nothing. When is the time? I'm not calling for war, but I'm curious. When? When they come for the second amendment? They've already eroded it When they really, REALLY come for it?
It doesn't matter. Cowards will always look for the next line to be crossed.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Coward is a strong word. Really disappointing to see certain members so angry and picking on each other on this forum.

I will admit, just like all the other bullshit going on in the world right now, it's fun to watch. But disappointing.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
I'm curious;

If the Capitol Building is a Public Building, then the public is allowed access to the building, right? I understand that most government buildings have restricted or secure areas that the public is not allowed access.

So, if the lady who got shot was in a public space but (obviously?) committed the crime of Vandalism by breaking a window of a door from publicly accessed space, then she should have been arrested, right? It didn't appear to me that she assaulted the LEO that shot her, but I may be missing that?

Shooting her from behind in improvised barricade seems to be a bit excessive and probably should be investigated. Arrested and charged for Vandalism seems like the right call, using my 20/20 hindsight vision, correct?

But I guess a round about way to my point is that there are rules for certain groups of people and different rules for others and the hypocracy of the politicians and media ain't going away and the bottom line is that We The Tax Paying Mostly Law Abiding People are SCREWED!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I have been reading many posts, on a LEO/military forum. Almost all of them say the shooting was a bad shot. She was not a threat and could have been tackled, arrested, gun drawn on her etc to stop her from going any further if she had breached further in.. Like it or not, just their opinion..
But, they all said ROE is key here..
We grow as a country, for instance. One person mentioned the Pentagon after 9/11. His boss asked t find out what ROE was in the burning bldg. Spec 4 had an M4, no round in chamber and was asked, what are the ROE. He said, to not let anyone past. He was then asked, well, what are you going to do if someone did go past. Quickly he said, asked my O3. O3 was asked, and within a day , ROE was immediately updated because she didnt even know.
ROE is critical here, and training.
I know I am not speaking from much experience. But, running drills for years on Submarines, for breaching exclusion areas, repel borders etc etc, it was obvious, under stress people tend to react differently.
I think the Capital Policeman murdered her.. Why, because he kept going back and forth in his little room, there were other officers right behind her, and he could have easily went in the hallway, pointed at her and said something to discourage her from coming through that window.. He was/is a trained Police Officer.
Kyle Rittenhause? was an 18 year old who took on many threats, and was able to distinguish a threat and no threat, under duress.
Easy being an Monday morning quarterback..

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
This was not murder. Nobody but the woman who was killed is responsible for her death.

There is a historic precedent that fits this situation almost exactly: The Boston Massacre. In that situation, John Adams successfully defended the British soldiers who opened fire on unarmed colonists as the colonists became threatening, killing 5.
While I agree she probably should not have been inside the building and possibly climbing through a window, I am not sure you can say she is solely responsible for her death. It is kind of like saying someone walking in the park late in the evening is solely responsible for the mugging they experienced or saying the a girl on a late jog or wearing a short skirt is solely responsible for her rape by a thug. I don't buy it.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Who were the Capitol Hill rioters that stormed the building?
Some uncomfortable facts.
But, I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will not even read. After all, it may be different than their preconcieved notions.
By the way, this is from a conservative site that has always championed Trump. It is not some left wing rag.

www.westernjournal.com/time-take-responsibility-uncomfortable-truth-capitol-hill-rioters/
I read the entire thing. Nothing I read changed my mind. "authoritative sources have been unable to confirm".... Yeah, I have a lot of trust in "authoritative sources" these days....

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
You are 100% correct about communists sitting in Congress. You are also 100% correct about them destroying the Constitution.

You are 100% wrong about the dead woman being a patriot. By attacking our capital, she was pissing on the Constitution as much as Schumer, Pelosi and the rest.

We are a nation of LAWS. Process matters. What she was protesting stopped mattering the minute she broke the police line. When she broke into the capital building, she became an invader and the use of force was not only justified, but required. If anything, I would like to see an investigation into the rest of the capital police to find out why they were not shooting the other thugs that broke into the capital.
Did she? Break the police line?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
the time past us a long time. Now, it is clear that "voting" means nothing. When is the time? I'm not calling for war, but i'm curious. When? When they come for the second amendment? They've already eroded it when they really, really come for it?
It doesn't matter. Cowards will always look for the next line to be crossed.
this!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
This thread, a youtube video and watching what people are saying made me realize something, we are at war.

This is a war of control of the future of our country. We are losing the ability to debate and be civil. We have divided into factions. Folks who were in the middle are being pushed into one camp or another. Society is seeing to that.

I really now have no idea if Antifa was leading the charge yesterday or not. There is a lot of doubt by people I have come to trust. Were they there, I have no proof but I do believe they were. Still, the reason many followed is because they have had enough. People are pissed. For a long time we the people have been told we are evil and not woke. We have been told we are the reason for the worlds problems in a nut shell. Then came the lock down. Businesses were forced to either shut down, in the case of many small businesses, or go to minimum capacity productions. Many farmers had to cull their herds, let their crops die in the field or just dump them. While small business dies and many working folks are laid off, corporate profits have climbed due to online purchases because there is no where else to go. It doesn't take many employees to fill orders and ship them. Half of that is probably automated anyhow.

With businesses shut down and people unable to feed their families or pay their bills, frustration deepens. Then we are told by the incoming administration that we can look forward to a further tightening down on the economy because of the virus. Evidently the 3-4 week shut down to flatten the curve has been extended. Maybe indefinitely it seems. It affects small businesses more than the corporations. But even they are working with minimal staff. Many are homeless yet you hear little about that. Families are going hungry. The MSM does post pictures of ridiculously long lines at the food banks. The local news usually has pleas for more food donations. Yet the call for a stronger economic lock down continues.

There is a mass demoralization going on and it's working. People who had never considered violence now are. They see the rioting, looting and burning. They see local businesses put out of business due to "peaceful protests". Entire city blocks burned to rubble. People are beaten and shot. I still remember the story of a 77 yr old retired cop, working as a security guard who was shot in the back of the head. Not one cry of outrage. It didn't even matter that he was a black man. There is a call to defund the police. In Texas the governor has stated he will withhold tax money if any city tries to defund the police. Yet Dallas has found a way around that. No new hires, no OT for existing personnel and no replacements when people retire or move on. I imagine other cities are doing that too. We the people are being told we are not worth protecting. One state senator here purposed a bill that stated if someone broke into your house, you have a duty to retreat. This is Texas and that will go over like a lead balloon. Yet this is how the left sees us. Livestock to be culled.

It's no wonder why yesterday happened. I'm damn sorry it did but the frustration is deepening. Election fraud was in the open. Numbers changed on TV in the blink of an eye. Trump dropped over 100k votes alone in one place and the drop happened on screen. This election cycle people were shown their votes really don't count.

I could go on but I won't. The point I'm making here is we need to stop the bickering and focus on surviving. We are preppers. We are also a community that helps each other. I feel a :vs_poop: storm coming. Lets get back to what we do best.
well said inceptor.
we can all have our opinions.. and we can agree to disagree...
but this community is like a family..
yes we argue..
yes we have a few crazy uncles and aunts (haha guess who)...
but in the end we support each other... and we all are stronger for it...

without a doubt these are tough times.
and without any doubt at all.. there are a lot more tough days ahead of us.
But like a family we will weather those times...
and we will look at those outside our family who will self destruct... and shake our heads...

We don't have the power to change others..
but we can take control of our own destiny...
and be responsible for our own actions...

Well said @inceptor ... here here!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
The 4th, 1st and 2a lines have been crossed. How do you stop a machine like the leftist government that just took over with irrational people like AOC, Chuck, Nancy, and many other maliciously compliant terds.
Government employees have no accountability when they do something back.
Ruby Ridge shooting, Waco, Bundy ranch shooting. Nothing..
Time to lay low and get off any radar..

Reactions: KUSA and Denton

·
Registered
154 Posts
You sound just like the MSM every time a cop shoots a person of color. Never mind the fact that the person was committing a violent felony at the time.
you're about as FOS as a christmas goose...What I said was the capital cop murdered a woman, he just happened to be black. It doesn't matter if he was purple or green, a Federal cop gets a pass. Just like the FBI sniper who killed Vicky Weaver, as a matter of fact not only was he not charged with anything, he was promoted. So please, GFY.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I'm going to post one more time for a little while because I came home early to remember how to podcast.

Right now, there are commies and Globalists sitting their sorry asses in Congress. These people mean to destroy the Constitutional governance of this nation. They are traitors and even worse. They hide behind the same cops who opened doors by the very ones who killed that veteran who got sick and tired of those treasonous bastards destroying the nation she served. She was unarmed and was doing not a damned thing that threatened anyone, yet she was killed. Murdered.

Another thing. There are a lot of tough-talkers on the internet who are defending her murder. Same people who beforehand talked tough against the traitors. Calling for the taking back of the nation. Now? They are defending the murdering of a patriot. By all accounts, a veteran and patriot.

Was the notion of following AntiFa infiltrators through gates and doors opened by federal cops a good idea? No, though I understand how easy it is to get caught up in the moment. That bad judgment shouldn't have costed her her life, and there nothing anyone can say that will justify it. I'm sure Jack Dorsey will like the attempts, though.
I couldn't have said it better myself, that cop was a murdering punk.

·
Administrator
14,702 Posts
Reactions: Slippy and inceptor

·
Super Moderator
8,639 Posts
Ashli Babbitt's path from the Air Force to death at the Capitol.
From Stars And Stripes newspaper.
You can see her progression from one, to the other.
I am presenting this without comment. Except to say I'll bet many others feel the same way.

www.stripes.com/news/us/ashli-babbi...a-deadly-insurrection-at-the-capitol-1.657840
People were talking last March and April that too long of a lock down period would cause mental harm to many. I've been pretty much a shut in, not by choice but by everything I used to do bing cancelled. We were told that 3-4 week lock down was necessary to flatten the curve. 9 months later we are told its only going to get worse.

Me, I've adapted and am pursuing other things. I've learned to can meat, rid the house of much unnecessary junk and about to get back into woodworking. Yes, I do miss my friends but they are as scared of the virus as my wife is. We spent Thanksgiving and Christmas alone. At first my wife was happy she didn't have to cook much but both holidays were kind of sad as we both miss the family. But my wife is an essential worker so she still has her job. I'm a retired house husband now.

The tightest lock down states have the worst case numbers. The majority of people are doing what they are told and wearing masks. So wearing masks the few places you are allowed to go and staying home has not helped. Now we see a rise in frustration leading to acting out. The article below was released by ABC in October but the problem has been pretty much ignored.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/predi...tic-abuse-covid-coming-true/story?id=73836752

Our "leaders" seem to ignore the problem. But people seem surprised when it happens.

A friend of mine moved from CA a long time ago. Her mother came to visit for the holidays. Her mother was shocked that people in Texas were out and about. She may stay for a long time. Even her friends are telling her not to come back for a while as everything there is locked down. Yeah, you can go to a restaurant here. People are tired of the lock down here and are either facing growing frustration or just flat disregarding it. My wife recently ordered something from Barnes and Noble. Ship to store. They had curbside pick up, just call when you get there. The shopping center was packed. I couldn't park for curbside so I drove around trying to find a place to park. That took a while.

To top it off, we have had months of "peaceful protests". In that article she was criticized for reposting a picture of an "anti-fascist" getting beat up.

In early December, Babbitt retweeted Wood's exhortation, "give me liberty or give me death," alongside someone else's post praising pro-Trump demonstrators kicking, punching and beating a masked anti-fascist demonstrator with the heavy wooden poles bearing their U.S. flags.
Yet we all saw Antifa and BLM assaulting people on the street and all charges were dropped for those arrested. I'm sure that the only reason cars and building were set on fire was because it got chilly at night. And in the PNW when they locked police into a building and tried to set it on fire, they were concerned that the police would get cold.

Yeah, call me cynical right now. What I see is what's good for the goose is not good for the gander. I'm still on the side that she didn't deserve to die. Arrested but not killed.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts