Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

61 - 80 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
She was climbing through a window next to the door to gain access to the corridor. At the end of that corridor were 5 armed guards at the door to the chamber where US Citizens were at. Reason I say citizens as there was politicians and staff etc in there too.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I hate that anyone was shot. With that said, the first person that entered the building after breaking the main door should have been the one to be shot. It was an Antifa thug instigating this. I’m sure everyone else would have turned around immediately.

Again, I hate anyone was shot. I certainly wouldn’t have walked in that building no matter what anyone else was doing.

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
So the question in my mind is this - there were a number of very well armed cops directly in back of her. She was unarmed and realistically posed no threat. Why shoot her. Why shoot when you violate every rule.. know what is in back of your target.. and it was other cops. One of the cops even pointed his rifle at the door until they communicated and gave a thumbs up.

This was uncalled for.

Under this scenario antifa and blm should have been shot in various cities for doing much much more and actually were a threat to life.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
Again, I hate anyone was shot. I certainly wouldn't have walked in that building no matter what anyone else was doing.
Exactly. There were tens of thousands who stayed a peaceful distance away, and protested the legal way.
Those who went inside the building are common criminals.
I see rationalization that "oh, antifa started it". That is specious bullshit if Trump supporters joined in.

I see KUSA and I are apparently not easily led enough to join in on criminal activity.
How about the rest?
Go inside, or stay away?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not really. There is a picture of 5 guards at the other end of a barracaded set of doors.. Glass was broken. One of them may have been the shooters. When she was shot, there was SWAT right there with her and some other bystanders at the other end of the hall, but two shut doors. Very sad to see her in shock, medical shock, after being shot in the throat, cops did nothing. Civilians got down to her to try and help.
The video was not comforting, seeing another human get shot and killed.
If this had been another color of person, or ..........DC Mayor, etc would have been screaming, and would destroy the cops life..
There is a phone video showing the shooter, he's a suit cop and from what I saw he's black and very calmly killed Babbit. So, being black and a capital cop or SS he's pretty much going to be given a pass for this murder he committed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
There's no reason for an unarmed citizen should be shot in the throat. None.
There are countless reasons why it would be justified to shoot a seemingly unarmed person, you learned that at MP school. 'Unarmed' does not mean 'not dangerous'.

Ashli wasn't breaching that barrier so she could share muffin recipes with Nancy. No one knows what that violent mob would have done if they were allowed to reach the congressmen and senators. I don't know, you don't know, the cop didn't know and, scariest of all, Ashli and the rest of the mob didn't know.

What if a supposedly unarmed, out of control violent mob broke into your house and were smashing their way to a back room where your wife and kids had retreated to? Would you let them smash their way back to the people your sworn to protect because they appear to be unarmed? Would you try to reason with them and plead with them to stop like the DC police tried to do for several hours before they pulled the trigger? ...me netither

'Mob mentality' is a very dangerous thing. It makes normally rational, law abiding people to outrageously stupid things.

·
Registered
234 Posts
...he's pretty much going to be given a pass for this murder he committed.
You sound just like the MSM every time a cop shoots a person of color. Never mind the fact that the person was committing a violent felony at the time.

·
Registered
23,899 Posts
There are countless reasons why it would be justified to shoot a seemingly unarmed person, you learned that at MP school. 'Unarmed' does not mean 'not dangerous'.

Ashli wasn't breaching that barrier so she could share muffin recipes with Nancy. No one knows what that violent mob would have done if they were allowed to reach the congressmen and senators. I don't know, you don't know, the cop didn't know and, scariest of all, Ashli and the rest of the mob didn't know.

What if a supposedly unarmed, out of control violent mob broke into your house and were smashing their way to a back room where your wife and kids had retreated to? Would you let them smash their way back to the people your sworn to protect because they appear to be unarmed? Would you try to reason with them and plead with them to stop like the DC police tried to do for several hours before they pulled the trigger? ...me netither

'Mob mentality' is a very dangerous thing. It makes normally rational, law abiding people to outrageously stupid things.
No, not at all. As a matter of fact, we were taught that our brain is our first and foremost weapon. As far as comparing that situation to a mob breaking into my house, you can surely see the difference. There were no people in danger in that room where she was. There was no threat to human life. There was no reason to shoot the a window and kill her. None at all.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Exactly. There were tens of thousands who stayed a peaceful distance away, and protested the legal way.
Those who went inside the building are common criminals.
I see rationalization that "oh, antifa started it". That is specious bullshit if Trump supporters joined in.

I see KUSA and I are apparently not easily led enough to join in on criminal activity.
How about the rest?
Go inside, or stay away?
Heck, I've never even attended a public protest or anything like that! And the only window I've ever climbed through was a few girlfriend's bedroom windows back when I was a teenager...:vs_smile: I guess I risked getting shot then but the Risk Vs Reward was different! :tango_face_grin:

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
Why did he shoot when it was very clear and obvious, from every angle of videos, that there were heavily armed cops right in back of her? And that they were actually controlling the crowd? As Denton said, use your brain first.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Why did he shoot when it was very clear and obvious, from every angle of videos, that there were heavily armed cops right in back of her? And that they were actually controlling the crowd? As Denton said, use your brain first.
Not sure the LE shooter inside the Chamber could see the LE out there with her.

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
No, not at all. As a matter of fact, we were taught that our brain is our first and foremost weapon. As far as comparing that situation to a mob breaking into my house, you can surely see the difference. There were no people in danger in that room where she was. There was no threat to human life. There was no reason to shoot the a window and kill her. None at all.
Oh, really? She posed no danger? She could have very well had a pistol concealed upon her person.
Or, an explosive device.

No danger? How was the cop to know that?

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
Maybe she was the first one trying to through after the window was busted out.
Hate that she was shot, but if anyone busts out my window up here I'll shoot the first one trying to climb through it.
My answer as well.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
My answer as well.
How is that said?? "This lock is not on this door to protect me . . . it is to protect you. Break thru this door / lock . . . and you most likely will not live to regret it"

I hate the prospect of shooting someone like that . . . but I'm too old to fight . . . too fat to run . . . and I'm 30 to 45 minutes from LEO help.

C'mon 30 caliber . . . do your thing.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
When internal affairs reviews the shot, they will say it was not a good shot. There were LEO behind her.. That is a big no no.. Never shoot at a fellow LEO. The shooter did go back and forth a few times before shooting her.. He was assessing the situation. He had to have seen the other LEO's

Reactions: KUSA

·
Super Moderator
8,664 Posts
Maybe she was the first one trying to through after the window was busted out.
Hate that she was shot, but if anyone busts out my window up here I'll shoot the first one trying to climb through it.
My answer as well.
On this, we don't disagree. Yet my problem with that situation is first, the police opened the barricades and allowed them in. Second, in another video, a cop is in a hall between 2 sets of stairs. Through the door you can plainly see a large group approaching him. He advances to the door then backs up. Once they are in the hall he goes upstairs. Not like he is frightened but it's like he's leading them to the chambers. Sorry, I've seen a number of the video's and I have problems with what happened.

·
Administrator
14,709 Posts
I have problems too.
Problems with the whole scenario. Those who entered tha building are criminal thugs in my mind. Period.

The leftist media and Democrats will beat the American public to death for years to come with the mantra that Trump instigated innsurection and ALL his followers are criminals.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to argue, but that won't change a thing.

61 - 80 of 149 Posts